Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
except for, obviously the hellcat variants and the sxt variants, they are all r/t's the scatpacks, t/a's. 392's are options for the r/t

Reactions: SKT PK 9 Man

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
except for, obviously the hellcat variants and the sxt variants, they are all r/t's the scatpacks, t/a's. 392's are options for the r/t
As a straight R/T owner (no fancy "S" in front), I don't feel as if I fit into any of those categories because none of those are my actual car.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
there was a thread where people would argue as to why the scatpacks werent considered srt's even though it says powered by srt under the hood. it was exactly that, they are r/t's powered by the larger engine. there are plenty of r/ts owners, non bigger engine car, here. i guess nobody ever thought of it in such a way....maybe?

Reactions: leban86

·
Registered
871 Posts
The SXT represents ~50% of Challenger sales..........just sayin'. ;)

Reactions: leban86

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
So straight R/T owners get the snub. I'm not interested in the 5.7 breadcrumb.
ok, what are referring to when you say straight r/t owners? that is the 5.7 section, just like there is a section for srt 392 and one for scatpacks. everybody just goes to general challengers and then finds what they are looking for. i think that we are all saying the same thing but not getting what each of us is saying. your picture shows the general challenger and then sub categories. we all have r/t's

Reactions: TITANIUM

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Have the Rt- never even noticed there was not Rt specific forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, what are referring to when you say straight r/t owners? that is the 5.7 section, just like there is a section for srt 392 and one for scatpacks. everybody just goes to general challengers and then finds what they are looking for. i think that we are all saying the same thing but not getting what each of us is saying. your picture shows the general challenger and then sub categories. we all have r/t's
Take a look at the screenshot I provided.

The area you're speaking about is in the Dodge Challenger Forum - Performance and Mod Zone section, with the 6.1, 6.2, 6.4 etc.

But in the Dodge Challenger Forum - Discussion section there is no mention of the R/T. SRT's get both General and MODs sections R/Ts just get the 5.7 board. My question is, why?

·
Registered
2021 Challenger R/T SP WB M6
272 Posts
there was a thread where people would argue as to why the scatpacks werent considered srt's even though it says powered by srt under the hood. it was exactly that, they are r/t's powered by the larger engine. there are plenty of r/ts owners, non bigger engine car, here. i guess nobody ever thought of it in such a way....maybe?
Let's not for get my brakes say SRT also

·
Registered
339 Posts
Apparently I have an SXT plus with the optional 5.7 Hemi and 6M with an R/T option albeit with the stripes deleted along with the STP (I think 2015 was a fairly weird year for designations plus they dropped the manual transmissions for the six cylinders). I was a little nervous looking over the paperwork and having the keys with an SXT Plus label attached. Dealership manager said the 6M transmissions were mostly being ordered with the SRTs and mine was the only one he'd seen with the 5.7 which seemed odd. That and then not having my own specific forum to talk to myself seems like a lot to bear...

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
just found out that there was a scatpack option on 5.7 hemis several years back. cai and bolt on's plus badging for a stage 1 stage 3 was exhaust, cams, lifters. it was like a 10 grand option. and i think that there were only like 50 produced. it was the 2015 model year.

·
Registered
339 Posts
just found out that there was a scatpack option on 5.7 hemis several years back. cai and bolt on's plus badging for a stage 1 stage 3 was exhaust, cams, lifters. it was like a 10 grand option. and i think that there were only like 50 produced. it was the 2015 model year.
It was a dealer option and you needed all three stages to gain about 60 HP...the R/T Scatpack at the time was actually cheaper and had over 100 more HP albeit with the 6.4. They probably only did sell around 50 but I guess it was an expensive way to get a CAI and exhaust work without voiding your warranty for stage 1 anyway.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,518 Posts
Ton on info in this Area for the 5.7 R/T's
Discuss modifying your Challenger R/T with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Specs - 370HP 390 lb/ft TQ

The other things Body, Suspension, Trans Mission, Interior is same as others...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ton on info in this Area for the 5.7 R/T's
Discuss modifying your Challenger R/T with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Specs - 370HP 390 lb/ft TQ

The other things Body, Suspension, Trans Mission, Interior is same as others...
You're missing my point. Why do SRTs get a spot on General Discussion and MODs, but R/T only gets a mention in MODs 5.7?
As a straight R/T owner, why do I have to dig for information when SRTs have in smack dab in their face?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya, I spent the $2300 on Stage 1 and I couldn't be happier for it. My'15 R/T Plus came out of the factory quiet as a mouse. The scat-pack upgrade does a nice job fixing that.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts