Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
59,347 Posts
You're missing my point. Why do SRTs get a spot on General Discussion and MODs, but R/T only gets a mention in MODs 5.7?
As a straight R/T owner, why do I have to dig for information when SRTs have in smack dab in their face?
There are no SRT8, SE, SXT specific forums either been that way since 2008.

Reactions: KeysB5Blue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If I had a Demon, Hellcat, SRT 392, Scat Pack, Shaker, T/A, GT, 70s Challenger owner, it would be clear where I would go.

As an RT owner? ....

·
Registered
871 Posts
So if they rename the 5.7 R/T you would be happy.
If you read the whole thread from the begining, there are 2 sections for (most) Challenger models. One is engine modifications based on engine type, the other is based on model. OP is referencing the latter.

• Helpful
Reactions: leban86

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
59,347 Posts
If it were in the Dodge Challenger Forum - Discussion forum, but it's not...
You use the Challenger discussion section, just like everyone else with an SRT8, SE and SXT since 2008.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So you're telling me
  1. GTs and TAs rate there own forum but not the RT. The RT has been around since the 70s. TA / GT?
  2. The Z isn't open to properly recognizing the RT in the way it does basically every other model.
Got it. Cool...

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
38,086 Posts
There was NO separation in the beginning. Then they started with the specialty models & the owner started areas for them, even the SRT 6.4 since it was no longer a 6.1. If you go by the Shaker one technially it was for the 2014 year model only (I think that year) as that was the only year it was suppose to be made. After all that time a R/T section was not added just due to the volume of threads that would have to be moved. Pretty much impossible to do with all the posts by then.

·
Premium Member
20,664 Posts
There was NO separation in the beginning. Then they started with the specialty models & the owner started areas for them, even the SRT 6.4 since it was no longer a 6.1. If you go by the Shaker one technially it was for the 2014 year model only (I think that year) as that was the only year it was suppose to be made. After all that time a R/T section was not added just due to the volume of threads that would have to be moved. Pretty much impossible to do with all the posts by then.
THANK YOU !

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
As a straight R/T owner (no fancy "S" in front), I don't feel as if I fit into any of those categories because none of those are my actual car.
ROFL 🤣 I asked that exact same question when I first joined years ago!
Trust me you are in the right place, about every question you can think of is in the 5.7L performance section. We may not have a dedicated R/T section but the information available to you, is way more than any of those other forums with a dedicated R/T section!

I am a member of all of them, but this is where you want to be, trust me on that, or not, the choice is yours. Most of the other forums that actually have an R/T section either have didly squat of information, or they constantly argue, and insult. Ry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
ROFL 🤣 I asked that exact same question when I first joined years ago!
Trust me you are in the right place, about every question you can think of is in the 5.7L performance section. We may not have a dedicated R/T section but the information available to you, is way more than any of those other forums with a dedicated R/T section!

I am a member of all of them, but this is where you want to be, trust me on that, or not, the choice is yours. Most of the other forums that actually have an R/T section either have didly squat of information, or they constantly argue, and insult. Ry
Don't quote me, but the R/T might be the most popular Challenger model in the world. I am still befuddled ...

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
Don't quote me, but the R/T might be the most popular Challenger model in the world. I am still befuddled ...
Lately I am seeing a lot of the SXT and the GT specific rear wheel drive models popping up everywhere, but as far as the V8 the smaller 5.7L R/T is the more popular because it is the more affordable option. It also takes very well to performance upgrades! :)

Reactions: leban86
21 - 40 of 80 Posts