Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Clearly, the WB looks much better and the wider wheels & tires will help handling.

Question #1: Is the suspension beefier? That would make the $5,500 or 14% increase easier to accept.
Q2: Are the wheels offset more or only wider?
Q3: It seems that the U-Connect info system has more track/performance-oriented functions. Has anyone figured out how to hack and install the extra functions? Maybe, they need additional sensors...

fwiw, I've had a 5 series BMW with the sport suspension and stiffer struts/shocks for 20 years, now with over 300k miles without any major repairs! It even has the original exhaust. Replaced the clutch at 225k miles. Yes, I drive it hard, redline it often but it is the slowest car I've ever owned even though it is stable at 120mph. Incredible handling, long distance comfort and 30mpg highway. BMW makes total crap now, with my ancient E39 and the E36 (3 series) the pinnacle of their quality. It will stay my daily driver as long as I can get parts! (I get my need for speed on my modified 1000 sportbike which pulls the front end @140.)

Regardless, I miss the power of my '69 Camaro and '77 T/A. Having a Scat Pack with a 6speed (I'm allergic to autos & they don't last) and a big V-8 in my garage would be wonderful. And all those glorious colors from which to choose! I keep cars and motos a very long time, so I need a color which will I will find attractive for a long time, perhaps Frostbite. Also, don't want to stand out to the popo...

Q4: Do you think Dodge will make an AWD Hellcat widebody? Now, that will be awesome, eh?

I've enjoyed reading your posts and hope to report back sometime this year with a ScatPack, WB or not...

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
125 Posts
Hi,

A standard body Scat Pack can be optioned with the same brakes, and suspension, might be slim difference due to wheel and tire weights. And if you do the build your own you will see the price difference isn't the 5500, as my 2020 would have been around 2-3 grand difference

Widebodies look nicer in person vs the build your own image. All depending upon your likes, wider tires and rims help with traction and handling, although price out the tire size between the two, as you will be replacing them and 1200 bucks vs 2000 range.

To the best of my knowledge suspension design and components are the same between the 2 as there are a few people who modified their standard body into a wide body with only rim and tires along with body pieces.

Either way the 392 Scat Pack is a fun car in either version.

Good luck with the decision

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, the WB has better brakes & suspension. - thanks
Dodge should let the engineers approve their website as it is too hard to discern the improvements!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ah, the WB has better brakes & suspension. - thanks
Dodge should let the engineers approve their website as it is too hard to discern the improvements!
Hi again,

Widebody comes with 6 piston Brembo vs 4 piston that are standard on the standard body, but add the Dynamic package on a standard body you get 6 pistons and 275 tires.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
349 Posts
Clearly, the WB looks much better and the wider wheels & tires will help handling.

Question #1: Is the suspension beefier? That would make the $5,500 or 14% increase easier to accept.
Q2: Are the wheels offset more or only wider?
Q3: It seems that the U-Connect info system has more track/performance-oriented functions. Has anyone figured out how to hack and install the extra functions? Maybe, they need additional sensors...

fwiw, I've had a 5 series BMW with the sport suspension and stiffer struts/shocks for 20 years, now with over 300k miles without any major repairs! It even has the original exhaust. Replaced the clutch at 225k miles. Yes, I drive it hard, redline it often but it is the slowest car I've ever owned even though it is stable at 120mph. Incredible handling, long distance comfort and 30mpg highway. BMW makes total crap now, with my ancient E39 and the E36 (3 series) the pinnacle of their quality. It will stay my daily driver as long as I can get parts! (I get my need for speed on my modified 1000 sportbike which pulls the front end @140.)

Regardless, I miss the power of my '69 Camaro and '77 T/A. Having a Scat Pack with a 6speed (I'm allergic to autos & they don't last) and a big V-8 in my garage would be wonderful. And all those glorious colors from which to choose! I keep cars and motos a very long time, so I need a color which will I will find attractive for a long time, perhaps Frostbite. Also, don't want to stand out to the popo...

Q4: Do you think Dodge will make an AWD Hellcat widebody? Now, that will be awesome, eh?

I've enjoyed reading your posts and hope to report back sometime this year with a ScatPack, WB or not...
the biggest benefit of the wide body is the wider tires, you can get all the same stuff in either the regular body or the wide body, my non wide body has all the performance pages plus the 6 piston bembos, for me i don't care for the wide body but looks are subjective, you will tell the traction difference of the wider tires from a dig for sure or if you are going to track the car but for most people it will be what you want to look at

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, guys. Better brakes and magnetic shocks take much of the shock out of the price.
I imagine a WB will command a higher price in 10-20 years.

the biggest benefit of the wide body is the wider tires, you can get all the same stuff in either the regular body or the wide body, my non wide body has all the performance pages plus the 6 piston brembos, for me i don't care for the wide body but looks are subjective, you will tell the traction difference of the wider tires from a dig for sure or if you are going to track the car but for most people it will be what you want to look at

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,018 Posts
thanks, guys. Better brakes and magnetic shocks take much of the shock out of the price.
I imagine a WB will command a higher price in 10-20 years.
Depends upon how the wide body add on flares hold up over time. If they age poorly, crack, fade, could be a negative on the value of the car.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don't forget the stiffer adaptive shocks and springs, larger stabilizer bars and flat bottom steering wheel. The main thing I like about the package is the look of the hellcat front end.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Don't forget the stiffer adaptive shocks and springs, larger stabilizer bars and flat bottom steering wheel. The main thing I like about the package is the look of the hellcat front end.
On a standard Scat Pack the 2 are optional:
Adaptive Damping Suspension
Dynamic package
Text Photograph White Line Font

The spring rates may be different due to different weights of the vehicle, not sure if sway bars are the same or not, but suspect there similar based on vehicle weight

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeah, I knew about those options. I'm considering getting that and adding the brass monkey wheels since they look so cool, but at that point you would be over 4.5k in options and you still don't get the wide body, bigger wheels and hellcat front end. Adding those options would also be more than the 1320 trim, but would look better IMO. I have been trying to chose between the 3 for awhile and keep going back and forth.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah, I knew about those options. I'm considering getting that and adding the brass monkey wheels since they look so cool, but at that point you would be over 4.5k in options and you still don't get the wide body, bigger wheels and hellcat front end. Adding those options would also be more than the 1320 trim, but would look better IMO. I have been trying to chose between the 3 for awhile and keep going back and forth.
Hi again,

The standards body with all the options would be 2-3grand less than the widebody get what you want, both are great cars

Regards,
Jim

1 - 11 of 11 Posts