1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Blacktop
20 X 8 wheels
245 stock tires

Has anyone gone to a slightly wider tire on the rear with the stock 8" rims?
I'm thinking ahead when it's time for new tires.

Thanks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have 255/45-20 on my car, 255 is the widest you can officially put on a 8" wheel unless you go to a tall truck tire.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 255/45-20 on my car, 255 is the widest you can officially put on a 8" wheel unless you go to a tall truck tire.
Did you put 255's all the way around, or only the back?
Were you satisfied with that size or do you prefer the 245?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got new wheels that are 20 x 9 with stock tires made the tires looks wider. I decided to upgrade and get the 275x45x20 in the rear which reduces the wheel hop tremendously. It's the same ride hight as the stock tire. The 2015 challenger I believe went stock 275 all the way around the car. Has better grip and the look is great. The max tire size I believe on stock wheel is the 255.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Did you put 255's all the way around, or only the back?
Were you satisfied with that size or do you prefer the 245?
Yes, all the way around, I love the look but the speedo will be off a tiny amount unless you have a tuner to recalibrate it. I do have one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
The 2015 challenger I believe went stock 275 all the way around the car. Has better grip and the look is great. The max tire size I believe on stock wheel is the 255.
I don't see that happening, the HellCat might get 275's all the way around but I see the regular versions staying 245.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, all the way around, I love the look but the speedo will be off a tiny amount unless you have a tuner to recalibrate it. I do have one.
Amazing the difference 10mm makes.
Again, I'm looking ahead to when my F1's are ready to go.
I'm an easy driver so I'm hoping to get 15-20k miles.

BTW, what tires to you end up getting?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Amazing the difference 10mm makes.
Again, I'm looking ahead to when my F1's are ready to go.
I'm an easy driver so I'm hoping to get 15-20k miles.

BTW, what tires to you end up getting?
I drive pretty easy and my F1's were down to the wear indicators in 18k.
Actually the speedometer is only off by about .7 MPH if you don't adjust it.
I bought All Season Nitto Motivo tires, they had a 60K warranty and a Y speed rating and they are Made In USA!!! Almost bought COOPER ZEON RS3‑A tires.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
I have 255/45-20 Nitto's all the way around on on stock Heritage wheels. I'm lowered 2 1/2 inches in front and 1 1/2 inches in back. No rub problems and the tires fill up the wheel wells better than the 245's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm running the 275/40 20s on the rear with the 20x8 chrome clads without a problem. And the stock F1s in the front. Same height all around.
I would have thought that was too wide for the 8's.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 255/45-20 Nitto's all the way around on on stock Heritage wheels. I'm lowered 2 1/2 inches in front and 1 1/2 inches in back. No rub problems and the tires fill up the wheel wells better than the 245's.
Motivos? Seems lots of people on the forums use that tire. Are you using any spacers too?

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,500 Posts
Motivos? Seems lots of people on the forums use that tire. Are you using any spacers too?
No spacers. And not Motivos, but similar. 850 CUV Plus.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 275/40ZR20 BF Goodrich Comp 2 all the way around on 20 x 9 SRT Wheels. Great look and car grip the road so much better.

Someone should buy these from me:)
How much and how many miles on them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 275/40ZR20 BF Goodrich Comp 2 all the way around on 20 x 9 SRT Wheels. Great look and car grip the road so much better.

Someone should buy these from me:)
I'm in the market for some str wheels for my r/t but I want black not chrome. Do the 275/40/20's rub in the front?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts