Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 52 years old. It's tough to get me excited about cars any more. The new vette? YAWN! The new ZL1 Camaro? Yeah what ever. The Shelby Mustangs? There O.K. Word of the new Hellcat? Raised my eyebrows a little.

Fast forward to present day. I'm excited about the new Hellcat. Give them credit for great marketing. They are DANGLING this car in front us. They have us wanting more. A couple of YouTube videos and I'm like a 16 year old kid that just got his license. I go to the store and head for the magazine rack. Do they have a story and a road test yet? Maybe next month. I can hardly wait until the have a three car test with the ZL1 and a Shelby. I don't care which one has a better lap time. I don't care which one stops four feet shorter, as long the Hellcat stomps them in the quarter mile.

Is the Hellcat a home run or will it be a grand slam? In about two months we will know.

·
12,989 Posts
I think its a pretty safe to say that the Hellcat will stomp on the competition in the 1/4 mile. Dodge has clearly played the marketing game very well by giving us little tidbits now and then to really build up a lot of interest but when the pricing comes out IMO this will truly tell if the Hellcat is a home run. I'm sure when this happens there will be a big knee jerk reaction from a lot of people, good things never come cheap.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think its a pretty safe to say that the Hellcat will stomp on the competition in the 1/4 mile. Dodge has clearly played the marketing game very well by giving us little tidbits now and then to really build up a lot of interest but when the pricing comes out IMO this will truly tell if the Hellcat is a home run. I'm sure when this happens there will be a big knee jerk reaction from a lot of people, good things never come cheap.

Im hoping for a price of around 65k; I just have a feeling it will be closer to 80k and to which I cannot see myself going that high in price.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I am sure they will be out of my range, but it wasn't that long ago we well me and a few others thought that when fiat came in the pic that dodge would probably go down hill but wow look at all these challengers there is to pick from. I cant wait to see them eating up the Camaros, mustangs, heck even a lot of corvettes. the most that I worry about is some of these idiots out there that want to race every time I go out in mine. just the other day a guy with a challenger and one with a mustang were racing down our main road each doing over 100mph. so crazy. both got caught and I am glad.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,569 Posts
I wonder if the 6.2 is made in Mexico? I don't remember seeing any info on where it is made.

·
Dazed & Confused
36,563 Posts
I keep seeing from a few places where it's suppose to start around the 60k which is still high but that will put more people in one. I think they hit a grand slam with this even if the price is in the 70's, people will figure out a way to get it if they really want it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts