Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
The answer is YES! It will work, as I posted on another thread, Dodge is making a kit for the SRT hood of any challenger to fit the intake system. Kit # 77072391AC will make it functional and includes all the parts. Only problem is, you can order it from your dealer but it is not known when they will ship. I have had one on order for a month now with no movement.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That was excellent information!!!
I didn't realize the kit came with the MOPAR CAI as well. I already have the MOPAR CAI installed and was hoping that they would just have the hood piece for sale.
Hopefully I'll be able to purchase that piece separately.

·
Registered
409 Posts
A ready made kit is a welcome surprise. What is the dealer charging?
They do not have a price yet, not available from Dodge but you can order it lol. I wouldn't have put an order in but my customer did not care on the price and this is the only parts guy in this State I trust!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They do not have a price yet, not available from Dodge but you can order it lol. I wouldn't have put an order in but my customer did not care on the price and this is the only parts guy in this State I trust!
Any idea why paperwork states for 2011-2017 Hoods? Didn't this hood start being used in 2015?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Any idea why paperwork states for 2011-2017 Hoods? Didn't this hood start being used in 2015?
No I don't know why they state that except I believe it will work on the other T/A hood that came out in 2011. Don't quote me on that though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I stopped by the dealership asking about the kit. Their system has nothing about it or the part number. The dealer called Chrysler's office inquiring about it and was told that there was no release date or price available as of yet. As of this date 11 people had pre-ordered the kit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I stopped by the dealership asking about the kit. Their system has nothing about it or the part number. The dealer called Chrysler's office inquiring about it and was told that there was no release date or price available as of yet. As of this date 11 people had pre-ordered the kit.
That is correct and I am one of those 11 people as of right now.

·
Registered
409 Posts
When you have any new info please post it here. I'm sure this is going to be a hot item with a lot of interested people once it's public.
I am on it! I always find the rare, unusual, one off strange parts, did it for British cars for years and the Air Force for 23 years lol.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I just ordered my "Kit", and it's being shipped. Yay!!!

I was told it'll be here in 2 weeks. (fingers crossed)

It's all priced together (whether you want or need the Air Box & Air FILTER); but no Hood Pad/Insulator.

Saaaaaa-Weeeeeeet !!!!

·
Premium Member
12,084 Posts
That looks very cool !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Rec'd mine yesterday and installed this AM on my 2016 SRT392. Took less than two hours, and that was taking my time. Perfect fit. Only downside is that the hood insulation will not work with the new system, per instructions. Most of the time was spent trimming down my current insulation, in lieu of ordering a new one designed to fit.

1.jpg 3.jpg 8.jpg

1 - 20 of 35 Posts