Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through every thread I could locate, and I found plenty of info for issues of the smart glass or indexing. This is not the issue I am having.

My driver's side window will only go down in increments, but rolls up fine. From listening to the motor, is sounds like it stops at each rotation. I pulled the door cover off, and the window stripping on top and confirmed there was no binding or track issues. I cleaned and put dry lubricant on all the moving and touch surfaces. Everything looks to be moving smooth, and it sounds normal, but it just goes down a few inches and stops. You have to push the button several times to get it to drop all the way down.

I attempted every different calibration procedure I could come across, and that made no difference. My smart glass/indexing works fine. When I open or close the door, it drops and closes as it should.

I know there is a sensor that detects if the is more force needed and cuts the power to protect the motor, but I tried pushing down on the glass a little from the top when rolling down, and that made no difference.

I am fine if I need to replace a part, but at this point, I have no idea if this is a regulator issue, a motor issue, or the control module.

If anyone has seen this issue in a thread before, or has some idea of what I could test next, I would really appreciate it.

·
Dazed & Confused
35,815 Posts
I would use a test meter to check the voltage at the motor & switch & see if it drops out when it stops, could be a switch maybe? At least that will give you a starting point to work backwards.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use a test meter to check the voltage at the motor & switch & see if it drops out when it stops, could be a switch maybe? At least that will give you a starting point to work backwards.
I pulled the switch and took it apart and cleaned the contacts. Everything looked normal, but that is one of the cheaper/easier things to replace. The hard thing about testing with a meter, at least my digital one, is that I can read battery voltage at different points, but its not fast enough to see if the voltage changes before it cuts off.

I did read that there might be a hall effect sensor in the motor or regulator, so the module counts how many times its turned to go up or down. The only issue with that would be, how could it know how many times it has turned to go up, but not down?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts