Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2012 doge challenger (yellow) 2 years ago. I bought a warranty costing me over 2500 with a $100.00 deductible for any repairs covered under this warranty. T he warranty is good for 3 years. I have had to take my car back 4 times for a issue with the drivers side window not going up and down as appropriate sense the purchase. This fix is under the warranty, so the first time I brought it in, I paid a $100.00 deductible for the repair, they claim they fix the window. 2nd time return the car for same issue , they claim they change the window motor, I WAS NOT CHARGED A DEDUCTIBLE AGAIN because the part is under warranty and I previously paid my deductible for something they claim they fixed prior. 3rd time had to bring it back again for the same issue on top of finding paperwork in my glove department box that the previous owner had the same problem he had fixed. 4th time returning the car 6/8/20 with the same window issue, this time i was told by Adam there is no system orders that this work was done on the car and I need to pay $400. Then later said I need to pay another $100 deductible to CHANGE THE WINDOW MOTOR ( something that they told me they changed prior). Now they want me to pay again for something they hasn't fixed!!!!
March 2020 when the covid 19 hit us, I took my car in for noise within the breaks and the window issue AGAIN!. the window was under warranty, so I wasn't charged the 100 deductible again BUT they told me I needed brake pads and rotors that was not covered under the warranty and considered normal wear and tear, they charge me $300.00 and said the changed the breaks and rosters, when I came to pick up my car, the lady who took my money for payment told us they only TURNED the breaks and rotors and they got me for $300, never doing the work the told me over the phone. I had no money left to buy food due to the pandemic and had to apply for food stamp assistance due to them ripping me off and keep getting away with ripping people off. FIX THE DAM WINDOW!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,525 Posts
Where are you taking the car for repair?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought a used 2012 doge challenger (yellow) 2 years ago. I bought a warranty costing me over 2500 with a $100.00 deductible for any repairs covered under this warranty. T he warranty is good for 3 years. I have had to take my car back 4 times for a issue with the drivers side window not going up and down as appropriate sense the purchase. This fix is under the warranty, so the first time I brought it in, I paid a $100.00 deductible for the repair, they claim they fix the window. 2nd time return the car for same issue , they claim they change the window motor, I WAS NOT CHARGED A DEDUCTIBLE AGAIN because the part is under warranty and I previously paid my deductible for something they claim they fixed prior. 3rd time had to bring it back again for the same issue on top of finding paperwork in my glove department box that the previous owner had the same problem he had fixed. 4th time returning the car 6/8/20 with the same window issue, this time i was told by Adam there is no system orders that this work was done on the car and I need to pay $400. Then later said I need to pay another $100 deductible to CHANGE THE WINDOW MOTOR ( something that they told me they changed prior). Now they want me to pay again for something they hasn't fixed!!!!
March 2020 when the covid 19 hit us, I took my car in for noise within the breaks and the window issue AGAIN!. the window was under warranty, so I wasn't charged the 100 deductible again BUT they told me I needed brake pads and rotors that was not covered under the warranty and considered normal wear and tear, they charge me $300.00 and said the changed the breaks and rosters, when I came to pick up my car, the lady who took my money for payment told us they only TURNED the breaks and rotors and they got me for $300, never doing the work the told me over the phone. I had no money left to buy food due to the pandemic and had to apply for food stamp assistance due to them ripping me off and keep getting away with ripping people off. FIX THE DAM WINDOW!
Sorry your having frustrations with the car. Seems like you need a new shop to take better care of you and your car. Lets see if i can steer you in the right direction with the window issue.
What exactly is the window doing? I dont see the motor being bad everytime. Sounds like shop is doing bull$hit diagnostics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it to Chrysler, they should know what to do. Maybe put out a re call on this issue. When you open the door, the window comes down alittle bit as it supose to, when you close the door the window supose to close completely, instead, mine is staying down where rain can enter.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ya i can understand your frustrations. The mechanism that controls when the window motor to drop and go back up is bad not the window motor. Its actually the door actuator thats in the door. 3 bolts it controls the power locks and does the window operation to get in and out. Im shocked dodge dealer is not doing this for you. If you open the door and look about half way down where the door actually latches to the body is what you need.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Heres the reset procedure. Battery needs to be fully charged also.
1. If needed, place the vehicle battery on charge or have the engine running.
NOTE: Both doors must be completely closed before proceeding.
2. Sit in the driver seat and close the door.
3. To relearn/normalize the door module, start by raising the door glass to the full-up position by pulling up on the window switch and holding the switch until the door glass is fully closed. Continue to hold the window switch up for two seconds after the door glass is full closed.
4. Lower the door glass to the full-down position by pushing down (depress) the window switch to its second detent and hold the switch until the door glass is fully open. Continue to hold the window switch down for two seconds after the door glass is fully open.
5. Check the operation of the smart-glass. Verify that the door glass drops approximately 1/4 inch when the door opens, and raises when door closes. If window does not drop or raise, repeat procedure starting at step #3
6. Check the operation of the express-down feature.
7. If the smart-glass does not work, repeat the procedure starting at step #3, waiting for three seconds after the window stops.
8. Recheck and repair any door module DTC's as needed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts