Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering ,what has been found to try and stop the window from sticking to the rubber, I understand that Vaseline is not a good product as it will deteariate the rubber after a while . Just purchased this car and have not been out in it as we are waiting for snow tires to arrive . ( ordered from Quebec). But already notice this happening on the passenger side just showing off the car to friends.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,859 Posts
I use Adam's Super VRT on my window seals. That will help keep the window from sticking some. If sticking from water freezing, a little deicer will break it free.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,bad8nti

We live in a town of one Canadian tire store and only two dodge challengers , will look it up on line and see what I can order, plan to drive this a little bit in winter , when the roads are in good shape. My other vehicle is a 3/4 ton dodge diesel TRX black and silver 4x4, the two look great beside each other.
Are there any other products out there ?

·
Premium Member
2014 SRT-8
8,179 Posts
Get some deicer like Preston in a windex type spray bottle and spray a bunch where the window meets the bottom weatherstrip.Then work the window up and down a inch or so a couple times to get the deicer on the inside of the weatherstrip.Keep the bottle in the trunk so you can get to it.If it freezes up on you get the bottle and spray the strip and then run a credit card in between the glass and strip to break it free,then repeat step one again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts