Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today had to be the most beautiful day ever!! It was 65 degrees and no wind. Drove Jazzbluebaby into town, and for the first time no coat! When I hit town the windows went down, first thing! This car just begs to be driven with the windows open!!
Ran the usual errands, then happened to drive by a small used car lot in town (the only one) and noticed that the 2010 Blue Challenger was gone from the lot. It was the only Challenger I had ever seen there! I decided to stop in and pay the salesman a visit. His name is Dan and we know each other (everyone knows everyone in small towns). I walked into his office, and we immediately talked Challengers.
He told me that I had helped him sell the Challenger on his lot. People have been noticing my car and asking him about getting a Challenger after noticing my car around town. I told him he was going to have to start paying me commission. Ha! He then asked if he could look at my car. We went outside and I felt like a role reversal was going on! I gave him all the reasons why I loved the car, what the important features were, the great gas mileage, the more comfortable ride, etc. By the time I was done I think I sold the salesman a Challenger! It was funny to hear him ask me questions about the different features.
A great day indeed to be out. Jazzbluebaby handled great as usual today!

Reactions: MOPARMOM

·
Now that was dumb!
6,005 Posts
You are making me very jealous. Weds. we are expecting hvy snow again.

I'm taking my ammunition to my brothers house to decrease the chances of suicide. Been a long and hard winter.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
awesome story!!! weather has taken a huge swing for the better here the last couple of days...but there's still sooooo much gravel and crap on the roads near my house that I fought temptation to get her out over the weekend. Doing my best rain dance lately in hopes that some rain will help wash down the world I live in!!!!

·
More Than Just A Car
20,522 Posts
Nice story Betty....I'm hoping to take the cover off and started my girl up and back her out onto the drive way for some fresh air this week....plan is Thursday, but the weather here can change on a whim, so fingers crossed.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
yup...certainly much cleaner roads in Calgary right now....hope you get to take her out vin57....just watch out for all the potholes!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot to mention this comment by the salesman today. He was looking at the outside of my car, and loved the color, but he also commented on how much he liked the chrome wheels. I know there has been a lot of opinions on black vs. chrome, so I found that comment interesting. I couldn't believe he asked so many questions about the radio/nav. system in the car. I showed him my ipod setup in the console too. BTW, some heavy rock was played today!
Wishing you guys some great cruising weather soon!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Wonderful story Betty! :smileup:

Yesterday here was the most beautiful day of the year so far as well, after work I decided to take the long, windy way home just because :D

And in true MS fashion it's supposed to rain and be dreary today :smiledown:
Have to enjoy the good weather when it's available!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Sounds great Betty, seems like you should be the one selling and making some extra "mod money" instead of the salesman!

54* here this morning and going up to a whopping 84* today which is great for all the bikers in for Bike Week! Sure seems like there are more bikers this year than in the past several years. The wife and I are driving up the coast today to Flagler Beach for lunch, should be a nice ride!

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Sounds like a great day Betty! Glad you can get out and cruise. We actually had 52ºF yesterday and sunny but there is still a good snow cover melting so the roads are wet and covered in salt water - so no cruising for me yet.....any way, getting back down to 10º tonight and more snow....
April isn't too far off.................
Keep posting though, I live through you guys during the winter!!

·
Premium Member
18,477 Posts
Betty I could almost feel that warm breeze as I read your story. :smileup:
BTW it sounds like that salesman might be getting ready to offer you a job or a good trade in deal.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,532 Posts
Congratulations, Bety! Sounds like you had an awesome, relaxing and enjoyable day! I'm envious! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
So glad you got to run Jazz Blue Baby yesterday! Sounds like it was an incredible ride! Even though it's warming up here and the snow is melting away....it's going to be weeks until I get my Challenger on the road. The amount of residual road salt and gravel is staggering!

·
12,990 Posts
I wish I was there with you Betty!! Sounds like good
R & R!!

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Sounds like a nice day for a drive, Betty. While we can boast of that weather nearly all of the time here in my SD, we can't beat those wide open highways you have in your SD. I would love to unleash my Challenger's WOT where you live! :smileup:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. It was a moment in time that I did not want to waste! Another little comment about Dan, the car salesman. He owns a beautiful 1968 purple Dodge Charger. He drives it in our county fair parades, but I hardly ever see it. I love that car.
Friday is going to be another nice day, I will be cruising up to Rapid City, SD. I am going to try to get some good photos, if the opportunity presents itself.

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Today had to be the most beautiful day ever!! It was 65 degrees and no wind.
That's about what it is in central PA today...knew my car was sitting in the storage unit on empty so I got er out and ran to the puregas place for a fill-up. Probably about 20 miles round trip but I also took the opportunity to test out the Trinity monitoring for the first time since getting it back from AJ at Arrington who did some reprogramming to allow it to function with their supercharger tune. Now I just need to figure out if I can monitor the air/fuel measurement to see what the supercharger is doing when I stomp on it. Oh, I also ran it through the no touch carwash to knock off the dust and dirt from a couple weekends ago when I drove out to the Philly burbs and back. Looks a lot better than it did, but obviously not as good as a hand job with proper wash and wax.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts