Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I have a 2014 R/T Classic..when the temperature drops to freezing, my windows are sticking. When I open the doors the windows do not drop so when you go to shut the doors, they just bounce right back at you. I figured out that if I break the ice between the window and outside seal, the window will drop and door will shut.

Has anyone else had this issue? The dealership has no clue how to fix the issue.

Thanks
Cat

·
Registered
12,271 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
" auto drop " really nice in theory but not so much in a colder reality. I have beaten it by leaving a slight crack in the window. I have gotten really good at stopping the window right before the auto drop stop .( so it doesn't automatically go back up ).

·
<<< Bending Time & Space >>>
16,087 Posts
This has worked for me for the past four winters. Just spray the outside bottom of the glass and it'll soak the fuzzy strip and prevent the window from sticking.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
This has worked for me for the past four winters. Just spray the outside bottom of the glass and it'll soak the fuzzy strip and prevent the window from sticking.

Yes it works great!! Keep it in your trunk!!:smileup:

·
Registered
156 Posts
When winter rolls thru I keep in my backpack *I take my backpack everywhere with me* a can of de-icer. All you need is a quick spray across the bottom seal area between the door and the window, let it soak for like 30 seconds then you should be fine for the rest of the day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.