Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has probably been posted before (I didn't look), but I was cleaning the beast for a car show the other day and noticed this,..... it's the small things in life that please me....., now my only fear is if I have to replace it, it won't be stock... I would like to know what year this was started..

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
my 2015 SRT 392 has it

think that was the first year for it....

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,991 Posts
If you have to replace your windshield, no aftermarket manufacturer has the silhouette. Only available through FCA ($$$$$$$$$$).
Yup, you are absolutely right. Nobody in the aftermarket wants to fork over the royalty fee to be granted use of that silhouette. FCA knows that some of us are detail-oriented, anal-type folks and that we naturally would want absolute OEM correct-ness in regards to the replacement parts we need. Surely some owners will pay extra for that level of propriety (at least in the mindset of FCA's "Bean-Counting Dept.").

Now, perhaps someone out there could create some sort of faux overlay of that Challenger silhouette that would fit right over (and cover) the dot's on the aftermarket version in the proper area. For most of us that would likely suffice. Surely FCA wouldn't charge a royalty fee big enough on that idea to kill it off. Would they? :unsure: :p !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, you are absolutely right. Nobody in the aftermarket wants to fork over the royalty fee to be granted use of that silhouette. FCA knows that some of us are detail-oriented, anal-type folks and that we naturally would want absolute OEM correct-ness in regards to the replacement parts we need. Surely some owners will pay extra for that level of propriety (at least in the mindset of FCA's "Bean-Counting Dept.").

Now, perhaps someone out there could create some sort of faux overlay of that Challenger silhouette that would fit right over (and cover) the dot's on the aftermarket version in the proper area. For most of us that would likely suffice. Surely FCA wouldn't charge a royalty fee big enough on that idea to kill it off. Would they? :unsure: :p !!!
I was thinking something similar to that. For the time being, just have to be extra careful (not that I'm already so anal it drives the wife crazy) on the road avoiding driving behind any tractor trailers, dump trucks, etc...

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
25 Posts
Hi,

Think most FCA models have something like it, my wife's 2015 Rubicon has a Jeep climbing a hill on the passenger side, 2nd or 3rd replacement although this last one I was asked if it had a gorilla, as guess gorilla glass was a option, be curious if that was the option on the Challengers, either way a expensive replacement.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
563 Posts
Inside the lid on the arm console there is an embossed Dodge Brothers logo, as I recall. (2015)

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
link ??

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,974 Posts
got it...thanks

Reactions: HERE WE GO AGAIN