Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know one day it is going to happen and a rock will get the windshield, already did on the 70 Dart but was able to do the invisible fix on that. So anyone tried any of the windshield protection stuff yet. I saw Clearplex advertised and wonder if it is worth the price because they say they do work. Any experiences or opinions?

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Sorry no experience here. I've got hit by some pretty decent sized rocks on the highway and so far I only have one very small nick in the windshield, so it seems like the windshield is pretty durable. If you travel a lot on the highway or can't avoid being near semi trucks all the time it might be worth a shot just for some extra protection.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
In South Carolina as long as you have full coverage insurance, if you windshield cracks or chips you can either get it repaired or replaced for free. I haven't had a problem with my Challenger's windshield yet, but I've had a few other windshields replaced for free. I've only let them fix one and I hated it so from then on I always tell them to just replace it.

I guess that was the long way of saying I haven't used any protection stuff on my windshield.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I have the insurance that takes care of it just don't like idea of having to do it. Would much rather avoid it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
In South Carolina as long as you have full coverage insurance, if you windshield cracks or chips you can either get it repaired or replaced for free.
Nothings free!!! Several states have that law, mine does not, I wonder how much everyone's rates go up to have that requirement???

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Free as in no deductible, however you could be right. My insurance is probably higher than yours because this option is automatically added on my policy. I guess the costs have to come from somewhere. I've just never thought of it before.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Ditto for my insurance. I've actually used it a couple of time over the years on my other vehicles. Never impacted my rates because its not a huge amount to repair or replace (at least as compared to accident repairs anyway).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts