Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up Mopar fsmily. Just wondering what’s the best tint percentage for your windshield

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
51,222 Posts
Welcome from AZ. Most states prohibit tint on the windshield. Check your states laws.

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,992 Posts
Welcome from Northeast Illinois! Tinting the whole windshield is usually not recommended, but some states do allow you to tint a specific area at the top of it. Here's a link to some further info related to this subject...

·
Mr. Bill
2009 SRT8 with a Diablo custom tune.
3,475 Posts
Welcome from the Eastern Shore of Virginia.

·
What's Old is New Again!
37,848 Posts
Hello from Strasburg, VA

Hello and Welcome to ChallengerForumZ from the beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Enjoy your Ride and the Site! You'll find some knowledgeable and friendly people to answer your questions or just entertain you. Glad you could join us!

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
welcome from south florida. don't do it, had it done when i lived in ny, and a jersey trooper pulled me over and made me remove all the tint. granted, that was in 1988. but, have the windshiled u.v. tinted, keeps the car cooler, it is clear, but sunshine glare is less.

·
Premium Member
2015 sxt/rt 5.7 with scat pack kits 1 &2
1,738 Posts
welcome from ny

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I tinted my windshield at 70% with a 20% strip. Only got pulled once and given a warning. I don't care, I'm leaving it on.

Reactions: P.M.F. & PAL

·
Lonestranger13
75 Posts
In Texas, the top 6" of front windshield, the brow, can be as dark as you want it. The rest of front windshield can be 10%. I had both done to my Scatpack. In the Texas sun, every little bit helps!

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,716 Posts
In Texas, the top 6" of front windshield, the brow, can be as dark as you want it. The rest of front windshield can be 10%. I had both done to my Scatpack. In the Texas sun, every little bit helps!
10% allowed through or blocked?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts