·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to Our newest MOTM
mike t

1573032127927.png

let me start by thanking everyone on the z who voted for me , I am truly honored . i'm mike t . I joined this forum to learn more about these awesome cars and ended up making friends .I became a car guy before I turned 10 yrs old going to the local garage with my dad ,who most always bought mopars. I learned young how to keep them running well and was gifted with the ability to trouble shoot and repair as my dad would say damn near everything. once I got to eighth grade I took metal shop and majored in it ,and learned I could go to boces auto tech school while in high school ,that was a no brainer. I loved motors and with little effort I could make them run ,or run better. i thought how cool is that. got married at 40 to a wonderful girl named Emily and we had a little girl in 2004 who loves cars as much as me .then in 2005 I had a heart attack at 43 and decided time is short in fact while at the local fair in 2008 we saw the new challengers a b-5 blue rt , I told my wife I want one in the coming years ,and she was good with that . fast forward to 2012 and we bought our first challenger a blue streak sxt we all loved it ,it was fast and rode nice, then a tree fell on it and did 6 grand of damage to a 2 month old car, we had it repaired drove it for a couple more years and in 2015 traded it for our present challenger. we added some mods and hp ,then went to a few car shows with my youngest stacy ( she would help prep the car)she was so proud we won hemmings favorite modern mopar at their cruise in . then on to musclepalooza at the valley dragway. still showing and now racing. funny how our challenger really is a family car. in closing ,thank you all for making the challenger z forum what it is( and for keeping me up late at night)... family:cool:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
49,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There will not be a MOTM contest for November or December because the Member of the Year contest will be running.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Congratulations Mike ! :) Ry

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,163 Posts
Congratulations Mike!!! Wish I had your mechanical abilities!!! Great story. Glad to have you as our newest MOTM!

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
2,604 Posts
Congrats on the win Mike! It was interesting reading your story telling how you came to love these cars. I had a bad medical issue happen to me too and my wife also gave me the "OK" as well when I got my Challenger. I've always liked the look of your current ride with the B5 Blue and Classic stripe combo. Looks like you've added some go fast stuff to improve it too - looks like you're "makin' it your own". We'll see you around here on the forum and enjoy the new MOTM banner under your avatar...you deserved it!

·
What's Old is New Again!
36,841 Posts
Congratulations, Mike! Well deserved!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.