Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
i live in sweden and you can more or less not drive a car like the Challenger from November to April, så my car is parked in a warm garage.
I Googled the internet on what to do before parking the car for such a long time.
My biggest worries are the battery. i read on several pages that the car will have some problems if you disconnect the batterie, specially if you have the automatic gearbox (wich i do).

What do you do with Your Challengers that are parked for a longer period of time?

Foto 2015-10-26 17 52 55.jpg

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Get a battery tender (not a battery charger) and use that for winter storage. It is a trickle charger meaning once the battery is charged, the tender goes into standby mode and will only kick on as needed to give it juice when needed.

I have a Deltran I have been using for years

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Like Tiki said.....a Battery Tender is key......it hooks right up to your car battery. Also a bottle of Stabil or Seafoam in the gas tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what i did in october.
i pumped the tires as mutch as i could så they wouldnt be deformed when standing still for 5 months.
I had almost NO gas in the tank.
AND, what i did with the battery was that i unplugged the IOD fuse so the battery wouldnt completly drain out.
http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/84iqe-dodge-challenger-disconnect-battery-storing.html

anyone tried this?
is it to late to try with the Battery Tender now?

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,339 Posts
You will find a lot of info in the Winterizing section:

http://www.challengerforumz.com/forums/winterizing.171/

I don't have to store my car, as live in Florida and drive it year round. However, in the past when I winterized motor (boat), I would do so with a full tank (and Stabil) to prevent water from condensing in the tanks.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,312 Posts
I have also heard of folks jacking their cars up and placing them on stands.... Is it in a secure area as far as critters? Mice can do a number on a car....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys
So the battery was completely drained, i have to recharge it.
i read somewhere that the automatic gearbox loses its settings when disconnecting the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts