Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone was planning on going to the cruise on Woodward this weekend?

I'm planning on heading down there later today after work around 3:30pm, going to meet my uncle at Woodward and 14 Mile Rd. Thinking of heading back down there again tomorrow provided it doesn't rain or anything.

Just curious if anyone else is going and if you guys have any spots picked out to park? Just planning on cruising today since traffic won't be so bad. Tomorrow I'll probably just park somewhere and walk around. I like to hang out around 13 Mile Rd since they have all the cool Mopar stuff there.

I heard there was going to be a Hellcat Challenger there too, definitely have to check that out! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
Lucky you Carl! Living in Detroit does have advantages. I sure would like to see a Hellcat in person.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just saw the Hellcat live and in person today! Holy smokes what an awesome car! Looks even cooler in person! And to top it off Richard Rawlings was there from Gas Monkey Garage, I was literally a few feet away from him, pretty cool!

My uncle I and were up there from about 3:30 to 7:30, then I had to head home to hang out with the kids before bedtime. I'm heading up there again first thing in the morning! Can't wait!

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
27,990 Posts
One of our guys from So Fla is up there and posted some pics on social media today....looks like a really cool time.....

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,485 Posts
Just saw the Hellcat live and in person today! Holy smokes what an awesome car! Looks even cooler in person! And to top it off Richard Rawlings was there from Gas Monkey Garage, I was literally a few feet away from him, pretty cool!

My uncle I and were up there from about 3:30 to 7:30, then I had to head home to hang out with the kids before bedtime. I'm heading up there again first thing in the morning! Can't wait!
Carl, come on, we need details, what color, etc. Anything you noticed that we all need to know???

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had a bright red one there, hood popped, badass engine exposed, looks awesome! That one was an automatic. They had a bright green one there too that Richard Rawlings was next to. They had another one, think it was black that was a stick shift. They were all awesome!

They also had a Charger Hellcat there too, first I've seen/heard of those. It looks pretty tough too.

Also had the typical R/T and SRT line up there. Lots of old Mopars up there too. As much as I love the new cars, the old ones are just in a league of their own, they're just too cool.

My camera had dead batteries, otherwise I would have snapped a bunch of pics. I may head up there again tomorrow and I'll see if I can get some pics for you guys.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For those who don't know, the Woodward Dream Cruise is the biggest car show/cruise in the world! People from all over come here for it, from different states, different countries, it's completely mind blowing how big it is. Cars just everywhere all over, parked, driving, people all over the place, it's just overwhelming and totally cool!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds Great. Yes I will be there at 10 am and hoping to see the color sublime green to judge if that's the color I want. ( Scat pack R/T as budget and wife says no ) I saw a white Hellcat at Mopar Nationals in Columbus last weekend and it sure was sweeeet.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Sounds like a great show Carl! I was lucky enough to see a couple of Hellcat's at Carlisle this year.....you're right.....they are so awesome in person! Snap a few pics if you can!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Scat Pack Thrill Ride

Hello Woodward, I hope everyone has a good time! If anyone there could check out the rear tire setup on the Thrill Ride Challenger & post I would appreciate this. I didn't get a chance at Carlisle to talk to the crew. I am interested in what tire/wheel choice they used as there didn't seem to be any wheel hop during the demonstration. Many thanks.:beerchug:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went up there yesterday but didn't see that tire setup you're talking about. Saw lots of awesome cars though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I checked out the display on Friday night. The SRT Charger looked OK but I still think they could have done better on the front end. The coolest thing I saw was actually behind the displays; a tungsten 2015 392 Shaker with side exhaust, Hurst shifter and drag radials. A friend and I took our Black Challengers up Woodward on Saturday and saw a few others driving around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
was up there Friday and Saturday seen a whole bunch of nice looking challengers but left mine at home I tell myself to take it but never do maybe next year I forget how fun It is to cruise woodward always end up doing it in a regular car gotta do it one time in a v8 for the heck of it

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know it is this was my 6th year just don't want my car getting scratched and dented by stupid people that don't care about cars at the hotels still trying to find a decent hotel that isn't 15miles away or that isn't 1000 for 2 night

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well please put the worries of Detroit oooooo so scary
I have taken my cars down there for about 25 years
You run no bigger risk there than any other place
Actually if you park in a "no problem" area and are with your car you don't need police dogs (LOL)
Also the cruise runs along Woodward for about 20 miles through some nice neighbor hoods many better than you find in Lorraine (no offensive but been there)
Hotels wont gouge you either unless you don't plan and try to find one Friday night
If you want to stay within 10 (even 5) miles either side along the 10 mile stretch that is 100 sq miles to find somthing
Don't mean to sound grumpy but this is such a neat event that the cities take great pride in putting on so it is hard to listen to ore Detroit area bashing

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Carl, thanks for replying.

Jim
Jim,

You might be able to find out more info on the tire setup by starting your own thread and seeing if anyone else out there knows. There might be some additional information in some older threads too if you search around either on here or on Google, etc. Sometimes when a question gets asked in the middle of a thread it sort of gets lost in the shuffle.

I'm going to need new tires myself before winter, think I might try out some of those Firestone Firehawks. My one friend on here has them on his car and they look pretty good and he says they handle a lot better than the Goodyear RSA's in the rain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts