Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

· Registered
415 Posts
I got a 7 year full warranty so everything but wear parts is covered. I also have a great dealership that has trustworthy service. So I set myself up pretty well.

$9 gas would = Ramen for dinner (but it'd still be worth it)

· Banned
1,598 Posts
Hi,

If you're really worried about fuel consumption you may not be considering the right car.
I just got my PlumCrazy 2010 factory ordered RT Classic with the 6 speed manual.
I also have SuperTrack pack which has a 3.06 rear gear ratio.
The sixth gear is crazy. 1,400 rpm=62mph. 2,000 rpm=84 mph :3-startled:. MPG is 25 @62 and 23 @ 84. I have less than 200 miles on it so I haven't opened it up yet.
In the 70's these types of cars got horrific mileage. I don't think about the mileage, all that matters is that I can't stop smiling while driving it. I hope gas prices go to 20 dollars a gallon just so most people will stop driving and clear the roads for those of us that live/love to drive!!! LOL:smileup:
I had a 2008 300C automatic with the cylinder de-activation and used to get at least 30 mpg at reasonable cruising speeds with or without cruise on. Nice car but not nearly as much road presence as my purple beast.

Cheers!!! :beerchug:
Gas milage is a consern for any car. TAke a Bugati Vayron flat out and you can only drive a few minutes before the tank is empty, now the problem is you cannot find a gas station. YEs, if you can afford the 2.4M for the car or what 50k/month payments who cares about 3000/month for gas, you do when you run out before the next station.

If milage wasnt a consern they woudnt use such tiny, weak, small, wimpified v8's in our cars. The true hemi is a 7L Thats the R/T The SRT-8 would be built bigger than that.

The SE would be a 5.7L its the echono car.

Besides 25 mpg highway is amazing for the super low emmissions and the 390 hp to the flywheel it makes. and 5.0 second 0-60

It takes a pos geo 50-75hp 20 second 0-60 to get any better milage thats really noticable.

· Banned
1,598 Posts
Why would you buy a muscle car and worry about gas mileage or insurance? It makes me crazy when people do that. If those are your concerns buy an import.
Think of it this way, if you can get better mpg, you can afford a faster car. Why spend the money on gas, when you can spend it on headers, super charger, srt-8 payments, etc.

Id much rather pay 800/month on an SRT-8 than 600 on R/T and 200 on gas.

· Registered
8,247 Posts
I drove my R/t hard all the time and still averaged 17 mpg's combined city/highway.With my Srt now and on the interstate have averaged 26.2,city17.3 and those are driving hard but the highway #'s are from cruising in 6th gear at 72 mph. :smileup::4-wavey:

· Registered
38 Posts
Gas mileage

I own a 2010 RT with no mods (as of yet) I get good mileage on the hwy (up to 25 or a bit higher if I slow her down a bit) my worst mileage is going home from work, I live on a gravel road so I go 5 to 10 mph on the way home on gravel (almost 3 miles takes forever lol) I avg 11 mpg when I am on the gravel..overall with gravel it brings my average down to 16.9 or around 17 on a tank.

· Banned
407 Posts
I get about 15, sometimes 14 short trips lots of stop and go, car never warms up. Winter I get 13. When I drive around a lot more city it goes up to 18.

If I use full throtte from nearly every start it will drop to about 10.

· Registered
313 Posts
I have a six speed RT and have yet to get under 20.5 with my highest being 22 general around town driving. I use synthetic oil and have Cervinis Raim Air kit. I'm very happy with the mileage this car gets.
Damm man, its a Challenger! go have some fun with it! Best milage i got was 15 MPG which converts to 1000 SMG! :50:

· Banned
407 Posts
Well, I have been doign some running around in the city on this tank vs my normal work and back not letting it get up to full operatin temp, and Im up from 15 to about 18, which my 2.4L 172hp 3200 pound car cannot do.

· Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T Auto
35,693 Posts
Well, just romping around Gatty this week it was 14. That was every bit stop & go. I got a little over 24 today coming home and that was taking 441 across the mountain to Cherokee and a little bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway before hitting the interstate.

· Registered
109 Posts
On the way back from gatty I got 26.76 once I got out of the mountains to add to it Weezerzeke and I were going about 85-90 the whole way (legally ofcourse). But I agree if I had bought this car for gas mileage I would be in a world of hurt. I was way more interested in the awe factor. Oh in town mpg is ... I have no clue because I never bothered with it, I am into my pedal too much (or just right) in town.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts