Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen this local ad here in my town and was wondering with the damage and a price tag of 15k probably negotiable, is it's worth the time to buy it, fix and make a profit being that it is a 2013 with roughly low milage?

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks tiki I was looking at the Kelley blue book at it's about 17k trade in 18k private sell. Was thinking of lowballing for about 12-13k. Although if it's mine I wouldn't sell it lol

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,445 Posts
You have a very nice car right now, the damaged car is a V-6, and if you buy it, fix it, and then later want to trade it, the previous damage could affect the trade in value. Just wait, pay off you current ride and get a V-8!

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Repairing damage on these new cars is expensive. I wouldn't trust the ad for an accurate estimate of repair costs. Unless you own a body shop and have the equipment and skills to do the work yourself to eliminate cash paid for labor, you'd probably end up losing money in the deal......that leads to the question: Why doesn't the current owner fix it and sell it to get full market value if the repair is so cheap?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I didn't plan on getting rid of mine, just was wondering if there was a chance to make a little cash. Appreciate all the responses. Jklotz10 I was wondering the same and would've been a question I asked but I'm not gonna waste mine or the sellers time lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, 15 grand plus another 3800 to fix it puts it at almost 19 grand already.

I would inspect the heck out of it before even counter offering a lot lower than 15

Shiny 2013 Challenger that insurance didn't fix? sounds sketchy

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Repairing damage on these new cars is expensive. I wouldn't trust the ad for an accurate estimate of repair costs. Unless you own a body shop and have the equipment and skills to do the work yourself to eliminate cash paid for labor, you'd probably end up losing money in the deal......that leads to the question: Why doesn't the current owner fix it and sell it to get full market value if the repair is so cheap?

AGREED! I say no.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts