Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to my dealer for my 1st oil change at 1300 miles and I won't be back except for warranty issues. When I bought my car they told me free oil changes for life ! When I went in they told me oh it's not really free oil changes it's $20.00 off a oil change and for a full synthetic change they want $75.00 :4-looney: Then when the kid went to pull my car on the rack he almost drives off the side and when he popped the hood he takes my engine cover off :4-dontknow: and I have a K&N sticker on my air cleaner and I see him unscrew that so I holler wth are you doing ? Then I go outside to have a quick cigar and I see a Challenger fly around the building and it was filthy and full of dirt (it was raining) the guy was really beating on it, he pulls in the shop gets out and starts handing a few mechanics and a service writer food, so I get a closer look at the car and it's a brand new 2014 Shaker ! They're using a new car for food runs and driving it like a a-hole and the car looked like a beat up junk it was so filthy :str: I had a pretty good experience buying my car, I paid the price that I had set before even talking to a salesman so that part was good but for and oil changes, tire rotations or whatever it'll be going to the Ford quick lane where I am very comfortable with the service and prices. If it matters this is Dempsey Dodge in Plano, IL.

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
Not surprised

Lots of corruption in IL, not surprised at all. When you take I-64 to go from IN to MO, you have a one hour stretch of IL to go through. At the tops of the on and off ramps there are always IL State Police cars waiting on drivers crossing into their state. They pull over folks left and right.

However, when it comes to real crime, those guys are never around to support Eastern St. Louis, IL. Which happens to be one of the worst cities in the nation for capital crimes.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to hear about thr bad service. Especially after purchasing your car there. You'd think with everyone competing for business, they would have a more professional attitude.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im glad my dealer isnt like that,I didnt buy either car from them but they take really good care of my charger and challenger,they give us the white glove treatment,whenever we are in there,plus the parts manager is in the car club we belong to,so we get discounts on all parts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The story about them "joy riding" the shaker for food runs is another reason why I always set my "B" trip odometer to 0 and leave the "A" as is so I can check to see if anyone has been using my car for burger runs.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
WHY even take the car back there for warranty issues. Find another dealer, find an SRT performance dealer. Yeah, I know you have an RT but the SRT performance dealers generally understand how to handle your car better than the average dealer garage.

http://www.drivesrt.com/find-dealer/

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
WHY even take the car back there for warranty issues. Find another dealer, find an SRT performance dealer. Yeah, I know you have an RT but the SRT performance dealers generally understand how to handle your car better than the average dealer garage.

http://www.drivesrt.com/find-dealer/
Well one reason is they have SUPER DUTY oil ! I looked at my oil change sticker and when they changed it the car had 1400 miles and the new sticker says the next change is due at 80100 miles :doh:

I also had them look at some issues with alignment, hood, trunk, and front fascia and the paint on my hood cross support was badly touched up so they took some pictures and sent me to a body shop they use so they could send the estimate to Chrysler, the bodyman also found a small dent which is real hard to see, I never saw it and I'm pretty anal about that stuff, I'm holding my breath until I see what Chrysler says :i_rolleyes: The bodyman said my car must of been built 1st thing monday morning or last thing friday evening :smiledown:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The story about them "joy riding" the shaker for food runs is another reason why I always set my "B" trip odometer to 0 and leave the "A" as is so I can check to see if anyone has been using my car for burger runs.
They sold that Shaker while it was in route, I spent a couple hours there

today and they used a new Durango Citadel to run to Mickey D's today.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Redline you can look on the door to see your born on date. Will have the time of day and day and month and year. Then just look on your computer calendar to see what day of the week that was.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Get everything in writing. If someone tells you free oil changes, politely play dumb and ask, "Can I have that written down as a reminder for me?"

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,428 Posts
That's why nobody touches my Challenger but me.
I envy you that!! Wish that were possible for me. I even hated getting my windshield replaced because someone else had to drive it around the back to the shop!! Great that you are able to do your own service work!

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
They're using a new car for food runs and driving it like a a-hole and the car looked like a beat up junk it was so filthy :str:
At the dealership I once worked for, the car porters would use vehicles out of the rental fleet or those that had just been traded/turned in (and not yet cleaned up for resale) for any food runs. Unfortunately, the service mechanics would use customers' cars for food runs during test drives.

Get everything in writing. If someone tells you free oil changes, politely play dumb and ask, "Can I have that written down as a reminder for me?"
Typically, a dealer will provide you a "We Owe" document that spells out their obligations to you after the sales transaction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts