Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section of the forumz, if I did I apologize... I was backing up today and was in a hurry when I hit a pole off the side of the road I was on, I'm looking for parts.... I need a new rear bumper, spoiler, tail light surround, and I'm going to have to get my rear quarter panel done at the body shop.... I'm so mad at myself... If anyone could help point me in the right direction of the cheapest replacement parts OEM equivalent or has any of these parts for sale please contact me or post a reply I need to get this done ASAP I don't want people to see my baby in the shape she's in right now, poor girls getting some rest in the garage, I hope shes not to mad at me : (

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Well that sucks! :shakehead:

Hope you can get that thing repaired soon, and in tip top shape! Be careful out there! :smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,571 Posts
Sorry your first post is a bad news one. Welcome and good luck.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

With that amount of damage, take it to a reputable shop. They will get you replacement parts. You will most likely have to settle for OEM as there aren't too many salvage yards full of Challenger parts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about your accident, I don't know where your at but on the Chicago craigslist there were a couple of 2009's that they were parting out. Good luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
try car-part.com. You can search for the part you need, sort by price, distance etc.

Hope this isn't against some form of rule since they are not a vendor.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Welcome and sorry to hear about the car! Ouch! Why is it that you are trying to round up the parts yourself and not having a repair shop find the parts and make the repair/do the work? Just curious. Just seems like it would be easier if they sourced the parts for you...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just so I can find the best price for the parts, I dont want to turn it into the insurance company since they already own half of what I own lmao, talked to a few body shops today hopefully i'll get a quote soon, I'll post some pictures soon, just as a reminder to everyone to take your time when driving, you never know when a pole is going to jump out of the ground and attack your car

·
Registered
22,643 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident, I hope you find the parts you need and get things back into shape quickly.

·
Business
21,280 Posts
Sorry about your accident. Glad you didn't post a picture of the damage. It brings a tear to my eyes every time I see one all smashed up.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Oh brother she's mad at you, dang but stuff happens she'll get over it. welcome to the Z, baltimore MD. Rock on

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
That's a total bummer.....but it is really hard to negotiate sight lines in reverse in a Challenger....even if you're taking it slow. Check Ebay, check local Junk Yards. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself. Your baby will get fixed!

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,407 Posts
Last fall when I went to the paintless dent repair shop, the repairman reminded me to be careful when backing out of their shop as there was a BIG pole right behind me to the right. It is always something I am careful about in the Challenger!! Those poles just seem to jump right out at the back of our cars!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Can't stress it enough with our cars, backup cams, backup cams, backup cams! May not prevent them all, but sure does help! For $279 and one afternoon, sure seems worth it to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I didnt know I could add the backup camera to my bumper Does it appear on the radio I have the upgraded sound package without nav?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bummer about your car.
Plug this into Google: "camera site:challengerforumz.com" without the quotes. It will get you started. You will need a factory or aftermarket touch screen head unit. Or you could get a simple Peak wireless unit and stick the monitor on one of those ac vent mounts. That's the cheapest option but not the cleanest.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
sorry bout your car and hope you get her fixed soon. very easy in these cars to back in to something. hang in there it will be fixed before you no it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts