Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Beautiful Challenger that turns heads and draws attention everywhere we go. It’s a bit above kbb value because it has already had the following installed; Procharger full inter cooled kit, kooks headers, upgraded brembo brakes, custom Katskinz interior, lowered, new wheels and tires less than 300 miles ago, window tint, and exhaust. That’s over $16k in extras not including the labor. Car has zero mechanical issues. Still under factory power train warranty until late 2020 or 100k miles. No trades no low ball offers and no joy rides. For those that’ll ask why, need college money for the kid......
B120F367-E243-4D66-9A2D-98457353C5A1.jpeg

·
Registered
115 Posts
cool car but how did you manage to keep the power train warranty after putting the pro charger on? usually any mods like that will void the power train warranty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
cool car but how did you manage to keep the power train warranty after putting the pro charger on? usually any mods like that will void the power train warranty
Connections with local service manager. Probably should clarify not all dealers would honor the remaining warranty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So no Dodge warranty but warranty with your dealer.. that's very odd.. please post a dyno sheet.
Not saying no Dodge warranty, just saying my local Dodge dealer said he would honor it for me, also saying other dealers likely would not. Although Ive heard of others doing so. Just being up front about it. As far as a dyno sheet I don't have one as I am the second owner and did not get a dyno sheet with the car. Haven't spent the $$ to take it to be dyno'd as of yet. Can tell you Ive been to the track twice with it and on DR's it ran a best of 11.87 in hot/humid weather out of about 8 passes.

·
Registered
736 Posts
It depends. I've talked to two dealerships close to me and they both said the same thing: if upon disassembly and inspection, FCA determines that the supercharger caused the damage, then it is not covered. This pretty much eliminates anything contained within the rotating assembly and heads (crank, rods, pistons, vaves bearings etc). But they both said that the cam and its components should still be covered. It's all going to depend on the inspector.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It depends. I've talked to two dealerships close to me and they both said the same thing: if upon disassembly and inspection, FCA determines that the supercharger caused the damage, then it is not covered. This pretty much eliminates anything contained within the rotating assembly and heads (crank, rods, pistons, vaves bearings etc). But they both said that the cam and its components should still be covered. It's all going to depend on the inspector.
I would bet that if you had a failure of the engine, transmission or rear end on a modified car like that then chrysler is not going to warranty it at all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts