Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering this Xenon Body Scoops, thought it looked quite nice. It's a simple attachment that has a very unique look. I will post before and after pictures. Should have it on by the end of the month.

http://www.carid.com/2010-dodge-challenger-body-kits/xenon-scoop-1648490.html

If anyone has put these on there Challenger, post some pics. There is absolutely no pictures (other then the stock car id photo) out there.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm not sure about the body scoops? Kinda think the 4 piece is a bit busy but do like the quarter window scoops as a pair... IMO they are a little pricy for what they are but at the same time very durable stiff rubber

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about the body scoops? Kinda think the 4 piece is a bit busy but do like the quarter window scoops as a pair... IMO they are a little pricy for what they are but at the same time very durable stiff rubber
I'm and 100% with you on the 4 piece set. Looks like way to much going on. It's kinda silly altogether. I just like the button quarter panels, not the window ones. Unfortunately, the link shows all of them as if they were a set. The price there quoting is actually just the body scoops.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,539 Posts
Just my opinion, but I think they look like they were glued onto the sides of the cars, sort of like some of the universal hood scoops. I also think they look kinda busy and take away from the clean sides of the car. But, that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Is there a way to make them functional? I seen them before on a Mustang, but there were functional to bring air to the rear brakes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just my opinion, but I think they look like they were glued onto the sides of the cars, sort of like some of the universal hood scoops. I also think they look kinda busy and take away from the clean sides of the car. But, that is just my opinion.

Very true, it could look like there is allot going on, and they are just stick on with M3 to my knowledge. I dunno, I think they could look pretty slick, since there on there the way and I already paid for them I hope they do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there a way to make them functional? I seen them before on a Mustang, but there were functional to bring air to the rear brakes.
You can absolutely make them functional, but you would have to hack up you car. Also, if you were going to make them function you would likely have to fiberglass it on. The new hole towards your rear calipers wouldn't really allow for space to use M3, nor would I trust it with all that airflow constantly pushing on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had to pull out on this mod, received the scoops and had to send them back. They covered up my side stripe along the side of my chally. It's disappointing, but I gonna go with the Retro USA side scoops instead. Should match my Louvers and Hood Pins more for that classic T/A look.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Based on appearance alone, I actually prefer the ones on Obsessed with challenger's car. They look like the scoops on the 1971 Challenger R/T. Of course, styling is subjective and you should get what you want.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I think they would look nice with a really good color match or a different color all together. I think a sort of color match would not look so good. I've seen that on trucks with the stick on hood scoops and they are not color matched well or at all (kind of had a red truck and bought the red ones off the shelf) and look really cheap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts