Dodge Challenger Forum banner

xtreme vs sport corsa

7K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  RaceNeked 
#1 ·
Is there a big difference between the corsa sport and the xtreme cat backs. i looked on corsa's web site and the sound clips weren't that great.i think the xtreme system is relatively new for the chally and louder any opinions?:4-dontknow:

#4 ·
Your choice of exhaust really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I've got the MOPAR (Corsa Sport) exhaust. IMO at idle it is slightly louder than stock, at WOT alot more aggressive sounding, and at normal highway speeds (65-75MPH) as quiet as the stock exhaust (no drone). Hope this helps.

#6 ·
Picking an aftermarket exhaust is a lot like picking out ice cream flavors, as it's really going to end up a great experience, they are all sweet, and you'll have no regrets. Without splitting hairs on details and marketing claims, you should roughly expect anywhere from 10 to 15 HP increased, and a great sounding "growl" no matter which brand you go with. That's not enough HP to feel a kick in the pants, but you should drive with a smile knowing you are exhausting bad air at a slightly higher flow rate and pumping muscle car music in the process.

In researching this, my priorities were:

• Elimination of drone at cruising speed so I don't have a dull headache, and don't have to crank up the music or cell phone to compete.
  • High quality stainless with a great warranty program.
  • Maintain similar OEM appearance (shape).
  • Great thumping growl when I get on it.
Based on these goals, I went with Corsa and have been extremely satisfied. Also making the short list was Magnaflow and Zoomers, but Corsa sold me on the drone reduction design.

I hope this helped in your research.

#7 ·
#9 ·
is the xtreme even out yet?
Yes, I talked with Jim at Corsa today and he advised that the extreme is ready to ship, and actually is about $100 cheaper than the sport. He is not aware of a sound clip but further advised that the extreme has a more aggressive sound at idle and while accelerating. Highway DB's should be the same as the sport with no drone. He believes most future buyers will get the extreme. Actually, the only difference between systems are the mufflers, which are NOT sold separately, you must buy the complete system.

Sure would like to hear one before I buy.

#13 ·
I have the extreme on mine. I have some drone. I had a recall done on mine recently and took my tune out and I noticed the drone went away. So the tune for what ever reason adds to the drone.

Power? Mine made a little over 370 at the rear wheels. Probably a generous dyno. This is a tune, Corsa Extreme, CAI and catch can for mods. Probably a best number to expect with these mods is a 10% increase or a little less.

#15 ·
IMO the Extreme and the BORLA ATAK are both louder than the Sport from both companies. Both Sports will be very liveable at Highway speeds. Both the Extreme and the ATAK will let you know you have an aftermarket exhaust at Highway speeds.

#16 ·
As mentioned many times before,everyone has a different idea of the perfect sound.I was undecided between both and relied on some very knowledgeable and helpful members here to make my choice. In the end the Extreme was the perfect choice for me.Still loving it.

#17 ·
In some earlier posts in this thread, someone mentioned "baffles", I'm here to tell you, there are no "baffles" in either the "Sport" or the "Extreme" that I had/have.
IMO, the Sport is quieter, the Extreme is louder all around, but not the least bit objectionable. While the Extreme is louder outside of the car, I don't notice it inside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.