Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellers,

Well. . .chalk up another win for my Wrangler, and all thanks to the cool people on this forum. :D

I just performed the following upgrades:

1. Hotter MSD ignition coils
  2. Injen CAI (to replace my crappy budget CAI)
  3. 180 degree thermostat
  4. New 8 hole injectors
Yeah, so I haven't dyno'd it yet, but so far the pull I'm getting is much better and the throttle response is out of this world! I'm waiting on an MMX 80mm throttle body and adapter, which will hopefully be in this week. I'll let y'all know what that does.

Of course none of this would have been possible without the cool people on this forum and the wealth of information I have been able to find by researching threads.

I'm gonna dyno this thing once the TB is here and installed. I'll keep y'all posted. . .

·
Registered
341 Posts
Cool, didn't know MSD made 3.6 ignition coils.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Curious has there been any coil changes on the Pentastar or has MSD just not kept up? They show them as 11 through 15 for the Challenger.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Curious has there been any coil changes on the Pentastar or has MSD just not kept up? They show them as 11 through 15 for the Challenger.
could be. The PUG came out in 2016, and I have heard that the new coils are three wire and supposedly hotter. That might explain why the MSD coils are listed as 11-15.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Did you delete the tuba tube?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you delete the tuba tube?
You mean on the drivers side? Not yet. I can’t get a consensus on whether that messes up the exhaust or not. Have you tried it?

On the Wrangler, the gas tank is under the passenger side so I’m gonna have to get creative on true dual exhaust...but it’s possible.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Wrangler? Well, I guess they would have similar engines but sometimes the Jeep version are de tuned, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrangler? Well, I guess they would have similar engines but sometimes the Jeep version are de tuned, right?
Exact same motor (Pentastar V6)...but you’re right they are detuned and it sucks. I have been bringing this up to Challenger specs for the last couple years and it makes a huge difference.

The PUG lower intake made a huge difference.

·
Registered
341 Posts
could be. The PUG came out in 2016, and I have heard that the new coils are three wire and supposedly hotter. That might explain why the MSD coils are listed as 11-15.
Interesting considering the Challenger doesn't have the PUG motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts