Your best "Gawker" story or stories?

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussion' started by Maxedwell, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Home Theater Guy

Home Theater Guy 2012 RT Redline Tri Coat Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Redline Red
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Wow, a 5-pack of kids, that is quite an accomplishment. My wife had my stepdaughter and our daughter 10 years apart. After my daughter was born I asked about having another and she was like "I am tired and done". Can't imagine how tired you are.

James Brackett likes this.
  2. N2rock

N2rock Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Was there a ball hitch on, or was it just an empty hitch? I could see someone getting a hitch installed in order to put a hitch mount bike rack, or something of that nature. If it was a real ball hitch :eek:

3. James Brackett

James Brackett Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Took my son to Karate today and of course he wanted to take the Scat Pack. After I dropped him off I had to run a few errands. I am cruising along and all of a sudden a cop pulls up next to me. I look over and give him a thumbs up, he returns the same. I have actually been longing for the scenario since getting the SP. Light turns green and we pull away from the light, I ride out the gears to 3-4k before shifting each shift. Sometime between first and second he had rolled his window down. Once I hit 4th gear I just left it there around 3k rpms with a nice rumble. The whole time I am 3/4 car length ahead of him so I know he is getting the full exhaust note. After a minute or two he pulls up side by side with me, looks over at me, and gives me a thumbs up with a huge smile on his face and speeds off.

4. MommaBetty

MommaBetty The dragstrip is open! Site Supporter Level 5 Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Scat Pack
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Wow, James, you are a brave soul!!! I would be afraid that he would just pull me over for any excuse! Kudos to you!!!:cool:

5. James Brackett

James Brackett Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Nah. I wasn't doing anything wrong for him to pull me over.

nunya and MommaBetty like this.
  6. N2rock

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    So this just happened. Not really a gawker story, more like a Call Of The Wild story.

I was headed back to the office on my lunch break. I pull up to a stop light, I'm first car in the left lane, no one in right lane. So I'm messing with the radio (Sirius) trying to find something to listen to. Corner of my eye I saw a car pull up next to me, but didn't even bother to look over. And then I hear the roar of someone revving their engine. My very first thought as I was turning my head was "Oh god, who thinks they want to race" (I don't do street racing no matter how much egging on). So I look over and...... it's a white SP! I barely had time to see the car, when he quickly made a right turn on red, punched it, did a nice little fishtail followed by a short burnout, and was gone!

That loud rev was just his white SP saying hello to my white Shaker :cool:

7. TGO

TGO Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Charger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Ivory Tri-Coat Pearl
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    It was a regular ball hitch . hence the wtfh moment.

James Brackett and N2rock like this.
  8. oyealiz

oyealiz New Member

A couple of weeks ago, I drove from Dallas to Houston, leaving Dallas about 10:30 pm. So I hit Bucee's (if you've been to Texas you know what Bucee's is!) about 1 am. I pull in and pump gas, then go in to the restroom. I realize someone is talking to me. I'm like "What'?" Her: "I love the color of your car, I saw you pull in!" :D

Diehard, MommaBetty, N2rock and 2 others like this.
  9. N2rock

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Bucee's rocks! Voted best rest stop in America: http://www.bonappetit.com/restaurants-travel/article/buc-ees-rest-stop-texas

oyealiz likes this.
  10. Bumpy

Bumpy Member Site Supporter Level 3

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    "Gawked At" by passing motorists and VA State Police last week...
    2nd. ticket for no front plate :rolleyes: Worth it to get this picture, lol
    IMG_1591_2.jpg

11. HemiMetal

HemiMetal Mopartial to Challengers Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    ^^^You could have escaped. That's a Ford behind you. The patrol car would have spun off into a crowd of onlookers!

ply67cuda, jklotz10, N2rock and 2 others like this.
  12. Bumpy

Bumpy Member Site Supporter Level 3

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    LOL. Funny thing is I had been traveling south in the middle of a pack of Vettes going to a car show and was the only one doing the speed limit! I mentioned that to the Trooper, he said personally he thought my Scat was sexier :cool: True story.

13. Kevin Shaw

Kevin Shaw Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I was driving the new Go Mango SPS by one of the local farms that was having a big apple picking event. As I pulled our from the street across from the farm stand, there was a young boy starting at the car. As I pulled around the corner and drove past the Farm stand parking lot, the boy Grabs his fathers hand, and start jumping up and down pointing at my car as I drive by.
    That felt pretty good...

14. Randrews

Randrews New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    I live in a rural area and when I was a couple of miles from home, this man and woman rolled out of their driveway on a motorcycle and when they saw me they started waving their arms to get me to stop so I slammed on the brakes and we passed each other so that I had to back up to them. The man says I love your car and said he has seen me alot except for recently causing him to wonder if something had happened to it. He went on about the color (B5) being great and why does mine have a single scoop instead of two like the rest he has seen. I educated him on that and then he owns up to previously following me closely in his diesel pick up so that I would get on it so he could hear it. Made me laugh - I kind of remember that and leaving him in the dust.

15. SoulCatcher

SoulCatcher New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Was cruising with my daughter last weekend thru town when we stopped at a red light. I noticed that on the other side of the intersection at a gas station on the corner are 4 older muscle cars all parked near the street. It looked like they were together and had made a pit stop of some sort. Anyway, light turns green and I rumble thru the intersection towards them. As I'm looking at a couple of beautiful old corvettes, a nice old Chevelle SS and... I can't remember the other car, because it was then that I noticed the entire group had stopped talking and were all just watching my SRT as I drove past. My daughter looked at me and said, "Those people had awesome cars and they were just staring at ours! I love this car!"

My chest puffed out a bit at that.

Crimebust, James Brackett and N2rock like this.
  16. Shanes13

Shanes13 Slower Traffic Keep Right Site Supporter Level 3 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Go Mango
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Dont want to speak for everyone on the Skyline Drive today... But... We as a group turned just about every head for several hours and miles today... Many a tourist were taking pictures and vidoes of the massive display of American (assembled in Canada) muscle... Thumbs up from a few bikers, and miles of smiles...

ply67cuda, N2rock and James Brackett like this.
  17. JarheadsChallenger

JarheadsChallenger Member MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    On the highway today and saw a pack of Japanese bikes coming on quick and heavy. Suddenly they slowed down and pulled up next to the car like a swarm of bees and kept staring for at least 30 seconds. The Shaker is an R/T not a Scat or anything but I dropped a few gears on the six and nailed it. Not expecting to blow the bikes away but just to take off at a good clip. The swarm followed suit with one keeping tight on the bumper and the rest flying all over. I decided that the speeds they wanted were more than I was willing to continue to and pulled into the middle lane and waved them by. They all stayed next to the car for a bit gave a thumbs up and took off with their aftermarket pipes a blaze! Just a really cool experience.

ply67cuda, James Brackett and N2rock like this.
  18. Long Island plum crazy

Long Island plum crazy New Member

Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    taking my challanger on a Sunday afternoon driver, had a nice early 70s chevelle drive pass me on the opposite side of the road . From my rear view mirror I see him pull a you turn and start following me , I'm just cruising not looking to race anyone . The light turns red ahead I'm thinking he wants to race I'm also waiting for him to pull along side of me , he doesn't ??? . He followed me for a while looking through my rear view mirror I see him looking at my car , I'm positive I could see his mouth open . I don't want lie and say he was drooling but could've been , now that I'm near my house I'm saying to myself that I don't want this gawker/ stalker to now where I live so I start driving around making left and right turns . He is still behind me following , I get near a industrial area and see nobody's and I let the beast loose . I see his car disappear in my rear view mirror, made my way home quickly parked my car in the garage and glad that situation was over . I've meet some great people since I purchased this car but this guy made gestures to me that he wanted to see my car up close or talk about it or maybe ask me question . Would he fall under the category of stalker or hawker ?????

19. JarheadsChallenger

JarheadsChallenger Member MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    He most likely had good intentions and just wanted a chance to look and talk. It is unfortunate that we have to second guess somebody's intentions these days. Unsettling times we live in.

James Brackett and N2rock like this.
  20. HemiMetal

HemiMetal Mopartial to Challengers Member Relations Photo Winner! MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2013 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    It was me. I just wanted to say "hi" and give you the Challenger wave... :(