Dodge Challenger Forum banner
2761 - 2780 of 2858 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Took the wife to her medical appointment today and firstly when we pulled up both of the valets jumped up seemingly in anticipation of me allowing one of them the opportunity to drive Rollin Thunder to a parking spot.....nothin doin,I dropped wifey off at the front entrance and then parked the car myself.
Secondly,the parking area was several yards away from the building and as I moved into a spot I noticed a guy with some type of Audi parked near me.He stood by his car and actually waited for me to exit my vehicle so he could say to me "nice car, man" before walking off.
I thanked him and needless to say those two instances made my day.

·
Trigger657
3,436 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Today, I made my Bi-Annual trip to the dreaded Delaware DMV for her inspection. I'm happy to say she passed with no problems. While on the way there, I was stopped at a traffic light and began hearing a horn blasting. I looked to my left to see a man in a mini van projecting the classic "thumbs up" signal while sending a huge grin. I responded in kind.

At DMV, after the inspector completed his task, he stood back, gave the Challenger the once over and said, "MM MM MMM" you sure have a nice car, man. I thanked him graciously. Then he said, wait a minute, this mileage right? 19622? (She's a 2010) I confirmed and he let out a big belly laugh and said, "Man you keep her nice but you gotta break her in!" I said I'd try.
Keep on CHALLENGING!

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Yesterday I went to a funeral of a woman I have known since I was 15 years old, after the funeral at the grave side the pastor that conducted the funeral came over and asked me if that Challenger out there was mine, I told him it was. He said I know those cars are powerful but are they comfortable, I assured him they were, but would you like to go sit in it and see for yourself, I really would like that. Well come on, I opened it and let him get in it, and he was like a kid and he remarked on just how comfortable it actually was. Walking back he commented that he couldn't have anything like that he would kill himself in it.

I told him, no you wouldn't, as a pastor knowing God through Jesus Christ, anytime you get wild in it, you'll be reminded who you are, and what you represent, and you will tone it down. At least that is exactly what has happened to me because that car is a gift from God to me, He has allowed me to have it, because He delivered me from 17 years of drug use. Of which at the time of getting saved I had absolutely nothing, and everything I have today came from God. Amen to that! Ry

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,768 ·
Once again, I was the gawker! Was in my Jeep and pulled into a grocery store lot. There was a short, white-haired older gentleman putting groceries into his Challenger trunck. It was a beautiful dark blue color and, of course I love Challengers and always enjoy a compliment myself. So I walked over and said, “Beautiful car and I love the color!” I was expecting a 3.6 version (nothing against them at all but just figured he’d be playing it safe). He said, “Thank you, I like it, too” and closed the trunk. That is when I saw the Hellcat insignia and I said, “Oh wow! You’ve got the Hellcat!” He said “Yes, the 800 hp version. I’ve actually had the car up to 167 mph with pedal still left but backed off because at my age I need to be careful - I’m 79.!”
Just goes to show; you’re never too old!

·
Trigger657
3,436 Posts
Once again, I was the gawker! Was in my Jeep and pulled into a grocery store lot. There was a short, white-haired older gentleman putting groceries into his Challenger trunck. It was a beautiful dark blue color and, of course I love Challengers and always enjoy a compliment myself. So I walked over and said, “Beautiful car and I love the color!” I was expecting a 3.6 version (nothing against them at all but just figured he’d be playing it safe). He said, “Thank you, I like it, too” and closed the trunk. That is when I saw the Hellcat insignia and I said, “Oh wow! You’ve got the Hellcat!” He said “Yes, the 800 hp version. I’ve actually had the car up to 167 mph with pedal still left but backed off because at my age I need to be careful - I’m 79.!”
Just goes to show; you’re never too old!
Then it's settled. I won't need to quit wanting one.... :giggle:

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Perhaps the longer one owns a Challenger, the more significant the "gawker events" become. I was cleaning my wife's Jeep in front of the Challenger's garage with the door open. A young guy went bye, slowed and yelled "Nice car man". In all fairness, I thought, which one? So, I just replied with a hearty thank you.

Again today, a guy who was crossing my path at an intersection, stopped, lowered his passenger window and displayed a smiling "thumbs up". I sounded my horn as a thank you.

No, it does not get old.
Keep on CHALLENGING!

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Yesterday I went to a funeral of a woman I have known since I was 15 years old, after the funeral at the grave side the pastor that conducted the funeral came over and asked me if that Challenger out there was mine, I told him it was. He said I know those cars are powerful but are they comfortable, I assured him they were, but would you like to go sit in it and see for yourself, I really would like that. Well come on, I opened it and let him get in it, and he was like a kid and he remarked on just how comfortable it actually was. Walking back he commented that he couldn't have anything like that he would kill himself in it.

I told him, no you wouldn't, as a pastor knowing God through Jesus Christ, anytime you get wild in it, you'll be reminded who you are, and what you represent, and you will tone it down. At least that is exactly what has happened to me because that car is a gift from God to me, He has allowed me to have it, because He delivered me from 17 years of drug use. Of which at the time of getting saved I had absolutely nothing, and everything I have today came from God. Amen to that! Ry
That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I had it out in the driveway today giving it a good bath and detail, when I hear this voice asking, “Is that a Scat Pack?” I looked up and there was this young guy on a golf cart grinning from ear to ear asking about my PCP SP. He was quite knowledgeable about the Scat Packs and Challengers in general. We had a good conversation for about 40 minutes. He was all about the Scat Packs and not so much about the Hellcats, which surprised me a little, but I have to admit it was a pleasant surprise. It made me wonder if the Scat Pack’s popularity transcends a broader audience than I thought.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
Yesterday was a great Challenger day! While on a mission to assist a friend, I saw 7 Challengers and actually got a Challenger Wave from one owner. As I sat at a traffic light, I began hearing a horn. Finally, I looked to my left where I saw a lady (30 years of age +/_, signaling me to drop the window. I did. She yelled, "What kind of car is that?" I told her. She then said something about the wheels and then said, "You ridin good, man!" I thanked her and she smiled as I drove around the corner. It just does not get old, does it? Not bad for an 11 year old car.
Keep on Challenging!

·
Registered
114 Posts
its not just this generation, years back, when i had gotten out of the service, i had reopened my diner, same location,

place. so i had the extreme, and i mean extreme satisfaction of denying them service. when asked why, i told them two reasons, one, in case you put your dumb kid on the table top and two, because i effin can.
I LOVE that answer ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I trade on a few engines and transmissions occassionaly and two weeks ago I sold a Chevy engine and 4-Speed Transmission to a man from all the way across the state. He called on a Friday morning after I ran an ad the evening before and after asking a few questions said I will the the package and will probably be there late this afternoon. He told me his Wife was fighting breast cancer and would it be okay if she came. I told him my shop was warm and fairly comfortable and it would be fine if she came. I guess if someone hasn’t seen my shop before it is somewhat impressive. Many locals call it the Little Tallapoosa Racing Museum. When this couple first walked in my Hemi Pearl R/T Challenger which I had just finished waxing was on the immediate left and my just purchased and to be my next Land Speed Race Car and back to the left my Black on Black fast 1998 Corvette. They stopped as soon as they got in the door and owed and ahawed over the cars. About five hours after they had left he called me and said if you ever want to sell that Challenger and the price is anywhere halfway reasonable call me and we talked about it on the way home and we will buy it!

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
417 Posts
She was begging to get out from under the covers this morning. So I accommodated her and ran a few errands. Always get stares and double takes through town. I admit it feels nice. It's funny, only another Mopar or an occasional rice burner feel the need to tailgate or pass me through town. NEVER a pony... I usually just smile and let them have their 5 seconds of glory. Occasionally I'll loudly blow back by them.

I always park at the empty far end of the parking lot if I have to stop somewhere. Today there were several vehicles at multiple stops who made an obvious detour around the parking lot to get a closer look.
After I got back home my wife called me from work on her lunch break. She said:
"So you drove your Challenger to go pay those bills?" "...Yeeeesss...(?)" 🤔 I responded.
She said, "My boss said "There goes your husband. I know that car anywhere!" as you drove by here."
This is a Very busy 4 lane highway that sees thousands of vehicles pass by daily. He saw/heard me pass by the restaurant and was gawking.
Yeah, feels nice.

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
1,315 Posts
Not really a gawker but kinda funny. Two Saturdays ago, the wife and I stopped by one of the local car shows (there is one nearby just about every weekend here in Florida). We didn't enter but were early enough to park just next to the ribboned off area where the displayed cars were parked. Probably 50 or so cars for judging with food vendors and such and we chuckled at some of the masks people had. We stayed for the afternoon trophy presentations since we had submitted our peoples choice votes. When they called the number for third place peoples choice, no one came forward. When we got ready to leave there was a number plaque under my wiper. You know the kind they give you. It's a mirror hanger type. Guess someone who entered had to leave and just stuck it under my wiper. Won third place peoples choice and not even entered. Didn't get the plaque for it though. Car didn't match the number and I hadn't paid the entry but still walked away with a pretty good feeling...

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
417 Posts
That's hilarious! Congrats!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I went into Kroger's yesterday morning and as I was checking out, I saw an old guy like me with his grandson, I guess, get out of an older in bad shape white Magnum and the little kid points to the 6.4 emblem on the side of my car and grandpa just stands there and stares. And stares. The kid finally looks inside and then grandpa does too. I'm wondering what they were looking at, there's nothing in there except a pile of masks, a couple of empty bottles (In case I get into a traffic jam, you old guys know why!), on the floor, a jug of rock salt, and one of those cheap air compressors as I have a tire that slooooowly loses air. By this time I'm coming and I decided to hit the remote start and when the lights flashed, the kid bailed out, and took some steps back, but grandpa didn't seem to notice and he was standing right next to the right rear corner, and when it fired up, he jumped out of his skin. As I came out the old guy laughed and said, "You got me!". And then he asked me a bunch of questions about the car and he seemed to have no clue it isn't all that different from his magnum, except about 2X as powerful. I think he would have asked me stuff for an hour, but after about 10 min, the kid, says, "I'm getting cold!", so they went into the store. It's kind of crazy a car that's been made since 2008 can get the attention they do.

2761 - 2780 of 2858 Posts