Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2781 - 2800 of 2831 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,198 Posts
I would not call it my best but this morning I was at the Circle K and got a walk around and thumbs up from an older Marine, he had a Marine cap and Marine stickers on his older Dodge Ram.

·
Premium Member
12,627 Posts
So I actually had the Challenger out today (no salt on the roads yet) I still had 1/2 of fuel from June sitting in the tank so I took her out to fill up on Shell 93 and add Stabil 360 to the tank. While I was fueling a 19/20 year old walked up and started asking me all kinds of questions about the car. Ask if he could take some pictures, ask to hear the engine. The PCP color continues to draw attention still after 6 years...

·
Trigger657
3,199 Posts
So I actually had the Challenger out today (no salt on the roads yet) I still had 1/2 of fuel from June sitting in the tank so I took her out to fill up on Shell 93 and add Stabil 360 to the tank. While I was fueling a 19/20 year old walked up and started asking me all kinds of questions about the car. Ask if he could take some pictures, ask to hear the engine. The PCP color continues to draw attention still after 6 years...
Yes they do..;)

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Yesterday I was the Gawker, but not specifically for the car itself, I saw a 392 Charger that parked next to us at Sonic drive-in, it was not the Charger itself that caught my eye as my wife owns one. What caught my eye was it was close enough to see the tire size and it was running 305 tires all around. I talked with the owner, regarding did those tires come on the car, and he said they did as he has not done anything to it, as it is a brand new 2020. No Scat Pack emblem of any kind just 392 on the side of the car, but stock with 305s all around!

Finally Dodge is putting descent tires on these high performance cars! :)

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
55,198 Posts
The Charger Scat pack has fender 392 badges and grill scat pack emblem as far as 305 tires the wide body Charger has them, can't say about any others.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
192 Posts
I have a gawker story about me gawking. I was in my work truck today in Ashland City, TN. As I was leaving town to head home, a white Dodge Challenger T/A came up behind me. It was a 5.7 Hemi car with a sunroof. It followed me for roughly 20 miles and I couldn't keep my eyes off of the car looking in my mirrors. Watching that clean T/A taking the curves behind me, even with the bananas still on the splitter was cool. You know you made the right choice when you see a car similar to the one you bought and you stare at it.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
386 Posts
I've been staring at every challenger I see out in town for quite some time now.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've been staring at every challenger I see out in town for quite some time now.
Let's face it,these are beautiful cars!I also stare admiringly at other Challengers while out and about.
I especially love it when a big pickup truck pulls up beside me and I can view my car's image in the reflection on the side of the truck.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
192 Posts
If you want to stare at and admire Dodge Challengers, go to Clarksville, TN. I was up there the other day and saw 25 nice Challengers without trying to see them. In fact, I saw a white 392 T/A like mine. I've seen two cars like mine lately and it was nice to see them. I'm always driving my car and never get to see it moving.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
newest gawker story for me is when other octane red owners pull up alongside me to stare. out of all the challengers that i see around town, maybe 1 in 20 is an octane red and out of those i have seen 1 scatpack 392 and 1 widebody hellcat. usually, other drivers will pull up alongside me and say "i didn't know you could get a scatpack in that color" the hellcat guy just kind of stuck his nose up like "meh, just a lowly 392" as he roared away....for about 20 ft when he had to stop real fast to avoid rear ending the unmarked highway patrol car. gave him a bronx salute as i putted away

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So I went to Kroger's Sat morning after work, and spent about a hundred bucks and decided that with the snow probably coming, I would get gas, so I wouldn't have to worry about it on Tuesday, when I have a doctor's appointment and am having lunch with a friend afterwards. Oh boy, 30 cents off per gallon. At 2.69 a pop, I will get about one free gallon or so of premium with that discount! It was like 18-20 degrees, my phone and my car disagreed about it and it just was unpleasant to be standing there waiting for it to fill up. Of course, I pick the slowest pump in the station to use, so it takes a little while. Just as I'm about done, this little tiny guy about 50 that's on the other side of the pump says, "Nice car!". I just said thanks and I tell it yes, I want a receipt, and it sits there and finally spits it out. And then the guy asks me which engine does it have, stick or auto, any problems, etc. I'm freezing, my back hurts, my left hip hurts and I just want to get in the car and warm up. Then he asks me if I bought it new..."Yes, and it's about a year from being paid off!". I finally tell him he should check one out, he would love it and get into the car and he's just staring at me. I ignored him and got out of there, but got on it a little when I pulled out of the lot, and he was staring intently at the car, kind of like I remember doing back about Sept of '67, when our neighbor brought home his '68 Charger R/T, in pretty much the same red my car is now, and surprisingly no damn vinyl top. I was hypnotized by the sound and looks of it. The guy across the street from him soon brought home a blue (B5?) Road Runner. Both cars were 440 4 barrels with Torqueflites. The Charger won all their "test runs" by a nose. I swear, I never saw any of them, and I never rode in the Charger on one either. Why would a 36 year old guy give a 12 year old a ride in his dream car? Because he was a nice guy, and he saw how much I loved that car. Sadly, he didn't live long enough to see that muscle would come back, better than ever. he got cancer at about 45 years old and died soon after. The Charger was just a memory at that point. Wrecked at about the age of 5, rear ended by a drunk. It was replaced with a '73 Trans Am, which his son drives now.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
So I went to Kroger's Sat morning after work, and spent about a hundred bucks and decided that with the snow probably coming, I would get gas, so I wouldn't have to worry about it on Tuesday, when I have a doctor's appointment and am having lunch with a friend afterwards. Oh boy, 30 cents off per gallon. At 2.69 a pop, I will get about one free gallon or so of premium with that discount! It was like 18-20 degrees, my phone and my car disagreed about it and it just was unpleasant to be standing there waiting for it to fill up. Of course, I pick the slowest pump in the station to use, so it takes a little while. Just as I'm about done, this little tiny guy about 50 that's on the other side of the pump says, "Nice car!". I just said thanks and I tell it yes, I want a receipt, and it sits there and finally spits it out. And then the guy asks me which engine does it have, stick or auto, any problems, etc. I'm freezing, my back hurts, my left hip hurts and I just want to get in the car and warm up. Then he asks me if I bought it new..."Yes, and it's about a year from being paid off!". I finally tell him he should check one out, he would love it and get into the car and he's just staring at me. I ignored him and got out of there, but got on it a little when I pulled out of the lot, and he was staring intently at the car, kind of like I remember doing back about Sept of '67, when our neighbor brought home his '68 Charger R/T, in pretty much the same red my car is now, and surprisingly no damn vinyl top. I was hypnotized by the sound and looks of it. The guy across the street from him soon brought home a blue (B5?) Road Runner. Both cars were 440 4 barrels with Torqueflites. The Charger won all their "test runs" by a nose. I swear, I never saw any of them, and I never rode in the Charger on one either. Why would a 36 year old guy give a 12 year old a ride in his dream car? Because he was a nice guy, and he saw how much I loved that car. Sadly, he didn't live long enough to see that muscle would come back, better than ever. he got cancer at about 45 years old and died soon after. The Charger was just a memory at that point. Wrecked at about the age of 5, rear ended by a drunk. It was replaced with a '73 Trans Am, which his son drives now.
Thank You for sharing! You've hit the nail on the head when you speak about what people really think when they start asking about our rides. For a moment they're reminded of their time when they probably wanted something like what you have.

·
Registered
420 Posts
When the gawkers start asking questions I simply tell them " The Dodge dealers are selling these cars today ", you can get one. The most simplistic question is " Does it have a Hemi " ? I then ask them " which one as Dodge makes 5 ". Having owned a 2012 , 2018, and now a 2020 Challenger it's been many years of questions from the dreamers putting arond town in their Asian SUV's..

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I remember coming out of a restaurant, a young guy was talking to a couple girls who were looking at my Challenger. They were agog by it and he was speaking as though it was his car. He said, 'yeah she's a beauty and its got a Hemi in it!'
I'm pretty sure they were going to ask him for a ride about the time I hit the remote start and got my wife in the car. Man was he ever bummed!
That was some time ago.
Here in the neighborhood the kids all wave and point as I drive by. They're not to young to appreciate a fine ride.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
ok, this happened about 1/2 hr ago, made a costco run before the zombies hit it and clog the aisles eating free cheese and pimento cheese dip. as i was leaving the parking lot, there was a stunningly beautiful gt 350 mustang that the owner and his young son were putting their groceries in. i pulled alongside to remark to the man that his mustang was the most beautiful shade of blue that i had ever seen. almost like a pearlized indigo that i have seen on some challengers. the man started asking questions about my challenger. here we were, two grown ass old men, gawking each others cars. the man did point out that he wanted a challenger, but his son and wife wanted the mustang, so he got the most powerful he could afford. his wife won't get in it because it is too tight and his son hates the back seat. told him he could get a charger. he said nope, he won't drive an unmarked police car. but i said, but the unmarked cops will leave you alone since you might be one of them. even the kid laughed at that. so i waved, drove 15 ft away and laid a small batch and watched as he and his son cheered while a lone canadian retiree in her buick lesabre, beige no less, gave me me the stink eye from the other lane. almost felt like saying "mom" like the kergen did in the movie highlander.

2781 - 2800 of 2831 Posts