Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2801 - 2820 of 2831 Posts

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
his wife won't get in it because it is too tight and his son hates the back seat.
I've had the Pleasure of riding in the back seat of my Challenger on occasion. So comfy. Test driving a Camaro I couldn't sit in the front seat without my head hitting the roof let alone try and sit in the back!
Poor guy's family probably regret their decision.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
So I was coming home Tuesday and I stopped at a light, one of an endless number of them, at least during afternoon rush hour. A couple, about 25 were in an old Avenger next to me, and he was looking at my car and when he saw the "392" badge on the right side, he got all excited, like a little kid about to get something he really wanted. The woman was driving and she rolled the window down and they asked me a bunch of questions about the car. Repeat at like 5 more lights. Finally, she asked me, "For my husband, can you take off really fast?". He says, "Please?". So I put it into Manual, and when the light turned, I spun the tires hard for about a second. I saw them both grinning away as I pulled away. Such a simple thing made them so happy.

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
I worked with a guy like that. He was 35 with the mentality of a 10 year old. The simplest of things excited him. Songs by KISS, white smoking tires, hot air balloons, the ice cream man... you name it. His perspective on things reminded me of how I was as a kid. It was odd, sure... but refreshing.

I was changing the oil yesterday in my R/T, when the Amazon deliver man asked; "What are you doing to this beast?" I replied; "Just doing some final tweaks on the new engine." He asked; "Which engine did you put in?" I replied; "426 HEMI... what else?" He nearly pissed himself! I told him I was kidding, but his reaction was priceless. :)

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,235 Posts
So I was coming home Tuesday and I stopped at a light, one of an endless number of them, at least during afternoon rush hour. A couple, about 25 were in an old Avenger next to me, and he was looking at my car and when he saw the "392" badge on the right side, he got all excited, like a little kid about to get something he really wanted. The woman was driving and she rolled the window down and they asked me a bunch of questions about the car. Repeat at like 5 more lights. Finally, she asked me, "For my husband, can you take off really fast?". He says, "Please?". So I put it into Manual, and when the light turned, I spun the tires hard for about a second. I saw them both grinning away as I pulled away. Such a simple thing made them so happy.
This reminds me of one of my first gawker posts almost eight years ago!
2nd incident happened the next day. I was waiting at a light and a BMW pulled up next to me on my left in the left hand turn lane. A woman was driving and a man (presumably her husband) was in the passenger seat with the window down. The guy turns his head and wistfully gives my car the slow once over, He leans over to his wife, points at my car and I can hear him say "That's what I WANTED" just as their light turns green and they pull away.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I feel bad/sad when some old guy and it's usually an old guy comes up and says, "Boy, I would sure love to have one of those!", and then says, "Momma won't let me!". Just do it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I feel bad/sad when some old guy and it's usually an old guy comes up and says, "Boy, I would sure love to have one of those!", and then says, "Momma won't let me!". Just do it.
Hear that! That's what I did, just went to Dodge, haggled a deal on my '12 R/T w/M6 and hemi, and drove it home. Wife absolutely loved the car, said it was sexy!
Too many guys are stuck in "mundane" transportation(usually a minivan or SUV)and are missing out on life in general. We had a '06 Dodge Charger when my son was younger, no mommy vans here!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I see guys driving Tahoes and Yukons and one guy who lives near where I used to has a Yukon Denali, an old '00 or Camaro, and a Focus. Get rid of the Focus and the ratty Camaro, and buy the Challenger he's wanted since he sold his Hemi Cuda about 12 years ago to pay for his kid's college. He swore he would never sell it, but he's whined about getting a Challenger since the 392 was intro'ed. His wife drives a Land Cruiser, they've got the money!

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
386 Posts
🙄🤔🤫🤭

Reactions: boyohboy

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,604 Posts
I worked with a guy like that. He was 35 with the mentality of a 10 year old. The simplest of things excited him. Songs by KISS, white smoking tires, hot air balloons, the ice cream man... you name it. His perspective on things reminded me of how I was as a kid. It was odd, sure... but refreshing.

I was changing the oil yesterday in my R/T, when the Amazon deliver man asked; "What are you doing to this beast?" I replied; "Just doing some final tweaks on the new engine." He asked; "Which engine did you put in?" I replied; "426 HEMI... what else?" He nearly pissed himself! I told him I was kidding, but his reaction was priceless. :)

HA HA...not sure KISS, and smoking tires belong in the same sentence as hot air balloons.........ok, pretty much everyone likes ice cream, but the ice cream man around here is just annoying. and his van looks more like one from a "Here's some candy little girl" meme.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,235 Posts
I was getting out of my car when a man walks up and says "That is good looking Mustang". I said thank you, but if I must say so myself, it is the best looking Mustang I have ever seen.
When I still had my R/T, some smartass in a vette said the same thing to me at a filling station. I returned his smirk with a "Thank you!" and "I like your Camaro."

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Got a thumbs up 👍 and a honk from a hot rodded single cab pick up yesterday driving by while I was taking some pics of my car... Put a smile 😁 on my face for the rest of the day...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,235 Posts
Several years ago when I was visiting my mom at her nursing home, there was a WWII vet sittiing outside the main entrance who asked me about my R/T parked at the opposite end of the parking lot. He wanted to know if it was a 1970 model because he used to own one himself 40 years ago. I told him it was a 2013 and explained that Dodge had revived the Challenger in 2008 and basically used the same design. He nodded and I thought he understood, until he told me what a good job I had done restoring it!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Several years ago when I was visiting my mom at her nursing home, there was a WWII vet sittiing outside the main entrance who asked me about my R/T parked at the opposite end of the parking lot. He wanted to know if it was a 1970 model because he used to own one himself 40 years ago. I told him it was a 2013 and explained that Dodge had revived the Challenger in 2008 and basically used the same design. He nodded and I thought he understood, until he told me what a good job I had done restoring it!
Hopefully I'm sure he did in his own way... 😟

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
386 Posts
Yesterday was a good day. Drove her to work and parked right on the main walk. Had a lot of positive comments and questions. Was nice.
There were multiple car shows/cruise-ins around town yesterday, so there were nice cars everywhere cruising town. These are happening almost every weekend now and I'm loving it.
So leaving work it was a nice late afternoon, so I was cruising home with the windows down, radio off, enjoying the exhaust and the drive. Approaching a red light I heard 2 loud voices in the car beside me on my right. Glanced over to see two young guys gawking hard and making lots of excited comments. Driver said "$#@!%& yeah I like that!" I gave them a wave and eased up toward the light. They were in a Honda, and immediately gunned it to beat me to the light. I laughed. When the light changed, we pulled out normally, and I eased out through first, second, and into third gear. After the cars in front of us turned off, leaving a clear road ahead, the Honda gunned it again pulling ahead of me on my right. I don't think so boys.
It was effortless to catch up to their wound out 4-banger. Pulled up along side them, and without looking over at them, I mashed it hard in third, wound her up, then grabbed 4th, in a 2-second 40 to 70 mph walk away. My straight pipe exhaust was so very loud echoing off their car as I ran away from them. They followed at a distance behind me the rest of the way through town.
Don't drive a Honda and jump a big block Mopar. Lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
10,029 Posts
Yesterday was a good day. Drove her to work and parked right on the main walk. Had a lot of positive comments and questions. Was nice.
There were multiple car shows/cruise-ins around town yesterday, so there were nice cars everywhere cruising town. These are happening almost every weekend now and I'm loving it.
So leaving work it was a nice late afternoon, so I was cruising home with the windows down, radio off, enjoying the exhaust and the drive. Approaching a red light I heard 2 loud voices in the car beside me on my right. Glanced over to see two young guys gawking hard and making lots of excited comments. Driver said "$#@!%& yeah I like that!" I gave them a wave and eased up toward the light. They were in a Honda, and immediately gunned it to beat me to the light. I laughed. When the light changed, we pulled out normally, and I eased out through first, second, and into third gear. After the cars in front of us turned off, leaving a clear road ahead, the Honda gunned it again pulling ahead of me on my right. I don't think so boys.
It was effortless to catch up to their wound out 4-banger. Pulled up along side them, and without looking over at them, I mashed it hard in third, wound her up, then grabbed 4th, in a 2-second 40 to 70 mph walk away. My straight pipe exhaust was so very loud echoing off their car as I ran away from them. They followed at a distance behind me the rest of the way through town.
Don't drive a Honda and jump a big block Mopar. Lesson learned.
Funny, there are days that the same happens here, I let it fly through the first three gears and the wife looks at me and says "you all good now"?

2801 - 2820 of 2831 Posts