Dodge Challenger Forum banner
2861 - 2880 of 2918 Posts

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
We used to have a terrible time with birds perching on the cable wire that runs across our driveway, and crapping all over everything. They also loved to perch on the rear view mirrors on my truck and fight themselves in the window reflection, leaving oily marks on the glass and poop all over.

My wife read somewhere that birds are scared by flashy objects and won't come around. Remembering that farmers here often put pie tins on poles so that they dangle in the wind, we figured it must be true. But, I didn't want pie tins hanging all over the house.

She tried taping a handful of Christmas tree tinsel, (the long shiny chrome colored 'icicles'), above the garage door, so they would blow in the breeze. Problem solved. It actually works. The only poop problems now are the occasional fly over bombardiers...

Try it.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I wish I could do something like that, but I live in an apartment, and at work, it's out there all night until 8am, and there is a large pond in the area along with the trees that my car sits under, so the bombs keep on coming. The pine needles bother me worse than the bird crap, as they go into the cowl area, the window bottoms and the trunk water channels by the handfuls. I filled an entire plastic grocery bag with pine needles from one day's drop. Crazy. It's coming again soon, as it starts to get colder, the fall dump will begin.

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
I wish I could do something like that, but I live in an apartment, and at work, it's out there all night until 8am, and there is a large pond in the area along with the trees that my car sits under, so the bombs keep on coming. The pine needles bother me worse than the bird crap, as they go into the cowl area, the window bottoms and the trunk water channels by the handfuls. I filled an entire plastic grocery bag with pine needles from one day's drop. Crazy. It's coming again soon, as it starts to get colder, the fall dump will begin.
Holy cow. That's crazy. Sorry bro.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,739 Posts
Publicly posted "Gawker".

Went to visit the website for a particular establishment.
They have posted a photograph of my Challenger in their Parking lot. :D
Then maybe you could post a photo of this here...

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
Stopped to fill 'er up at Weigles on Friday. Guy behind me in a nice black Ram said "That's a beautiful car man" to which I responded " I like your truck too, especially the hood"... then I noticed it was an SRT10... A really nice one. During our 30 minute conversation I learned it was a garage kept '04 with 42,000 miles on it. I simply loved the 'Viper Powered' emblem on the hood.
The other patrons continued to circle around by us, even stopping and staring at our vehicles. All except for the two mustangs. They never got close, staying on the other side of the lot.
As we were finishing our conversation, the two mustangs left the lot. The front car stomped it for all it was worth, barely barking the tires, seriously struggling to reach any speed up to the red light. The other one didn't even try.
Mr. Ram said, chuckling, "I think he wants some". I said, "I ain't got time to fool with him. I Sting ponies."
I thought he was gonna leak a little pee laughing.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Mr. Ram said, chuckling, "I think he wants some". I said, "I ain't got time to fool with him. I Sting ponies."
I thought he was gonna leak a little pee laughing.
[/QUOTE]

I did o_O !

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
My wife and I were out for a Labor day cruise yesterday in the Challenger and we saw a Black Hellcat for sale in a used car sales lot so we pulled in to look at it. It was a 2016 A8, just what I had been looking for but unfortunately the previous owner had put 22" rims on it? My first thoughts were why the crap did they do that, driving there I dodged a South Carolina pothole that would have literally broken those rims. My wife stayed in the car with it running while I was checking out the Hellcat and here they come, 2 salesmen. At first they were drooling over my Challenger until they learned it was a 5.7, then the conversation changed to how pitiful my 5.7 was compared to the Hellcat. So I asked them if they really knew what they were talking about because the Hellcat had 265 width tires on it, and would spin off the line, they informed me that it was about the driver, not the car. Really?

Then go get the keys and lets go find out, but we run from a dead start off the line, not a rolling anything, right off the line. Then they go over to look at my rear tires so I rub salt in the mental wound, surely you have enough confidence to back your claims, lets do it, I've got the perfect place we can go. They looked at each other and grinned that stupid grin, nah we can't, so I said OK, lets put some money on it then! If you win you pocket cash money, as far as I am concerned you should win, but I would love to take an off the line win against a Hellcat with my 5.7. Go get the keys and lets do it, I am ready right now, nervous laughing and grinning at each other like a couple of idiots, and that was the end of it.

I pulled into the car lot to check out the Hellcat, its one plus was it was a 2016 automatic, and I had been looking for a black automatic. Why the previous owner had put 22" rims on it, I have no clue as IMO, that screwed up the cars handling performance right there, which is not something I intended to pay out of pocket to resolve, as it was an "as is", sale. With all of my upgrades to my 5.7 I am looking to challenge a stock 392 Scat Pack or Hellcat running stock tires or at least close to stock as this Hellcat actually is tire width wise. As far as I am concerned I have nothing to loose in an off the line run, unless of course cash money is added to the pot, but I am willing to pay to find out for sure! My 5.7 should not be able to best these cars off the line, so if I loose against one so be it, but if I win! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
So swap cars, swap wheels. Then you'd have a Cat with your beautiful wheels...
You could easily play it so the idiots thought they were jipping you out of the 22's and getting the better deal...;)

·
Registered
21 SP WB in Go Mango
261 Posts
I was at Lowes yesterday, no rest for the weary LOL...

So as I'm heading back to my girl there a typical full size Ford white stalker van parked next to my baby... black tinted windows and running.

As I open the car the window rolls down slowly on the driver side of the van and a dude with like a three day bread and unkept hair gives me a thumbs up and say with a smile "you got a Hemi in there?" I smile and say yea for sure, a big one. He says "I bet it goes like $hit" ROFL... I said yea and then pulled out and left a blacky for him...

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,139 Posts
So swap cars, swap wheels. Then you'd have a Cat with your beautiful wheels...
You could easily play it so the idiots thought they were jipping you out of the 22's and getting the better deal...;)
My challenger was paid off one month after taking possession of it, I have no intentions of accruing another car payment, I was just looking at the Hellcat out of curiosity to see what year it was. If the 2 salesmen had waited 3 more minutes I would have been gone from the lot. As far as the Hellcat too many issues have surfaced with the earlier year Hellcat releases like supercharger bearings freezing up,and some driveshaft problems. If it had been at least a 2017 I would have taken a longer look but not with those idiots attempting to downgrade my 5.7, they can Kiss My A$$.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/les...placement-supercharger-being-installed.38537/

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/new...-due-to-a-whining-noise-at-high-speeds.18836/

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
My challenger was paid off one month after taking possession of it, I have no intentions of accruing another car payment, I was just looking at the Hellcat out of curiosity to see what year it was. If the 2 salesmen had waited 3 more minutes I would have been gone from the lot. As far as the Hellcat too many issues have surfaced with the earlier year Hellcat releases like supercharger bearings freezing up,and some driveshaft problems. If it had been at least a 2017 I would have taken a longer look but not with those idiots attempting to downgrade my 5.7, they can Kiss My A$$.

Less than 1,000 miles 2nd replacement supercharger being...

New TSB 6/24/16: Inspecting and replacing the propeller...
I gotcha. Was just a thought. With all the work you've done on Black Beauty I'd be reluctant to trade at all...

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,939 Posts
My youngest gawker yet. I washed my Hellcat on the driveway late yesterday afternoon and was wiping down with detail spray when I heard a child's voice from across the street saying, Look. The kitty car. The kitty car. I turned around to see a little boy maybe all of two years old pointing at my car as he trailed behind his mom who was pushing a stroller. My first thought was kudos to a small child for having good eyesight to spot the cat fender emblem!

And now my car has a nickname. The Kitty Car. It's not going to impress anyone at my next Cars & Coffee, but hey.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
My youngest gawker yet. I washed my Hellcat on the driveway late yesterday afternoon and was wiping down with detail spray when I heard a child's voice from across the street saying, Look. The kitty car. The kitty car. I turned around to see a little boy maybe all of two years old pointing at my car as he trailed behind his mom who was pushing a stroller. My first thought was kudos to a small child for having good eyesight to spot the fender cat emblem!

And now my car has a nickname. The Kitty Car. It's not going to impress anyone at my next Cars & Coffee, but hey.
"Out of the mouth of babes"... ☺

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
My youngest gawker yet. I washed my Hellcat on the driveway late yesterday afternoon and was wiping down with detail spray when I heard a child's voice from across the street saying, Look. The kitty car. The kitty car. I turned around to see a little boy maybe all of two years old pointing at my car as he trailed behind his mom who was pushing a stroller. My first thought was kudos to a small child for having good eyesight to spot the cat fender emblem!

I'm impressed....

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
716 Posts
Drove mine to work last Friday. Had one of my fellow employees walking across the parking lot stop and holler up from the lower lot "Get you a new Charger?" I responded politely Challenger... He had to come take a look. Talked about the Plum color, and "Oh it's got the full leather package." He's a super nice guy that knows very little about them, but was sure taken in with it. Smiles... Smiles...

Had to stop at the grocery on the way home, and parked far over to the side of the lot away from other cars and buggies. All by myself. When I came out there were several cars parked all around me. Grr...
An older fellow in a beautiful brand new burgundy Ford truck was right beside me, with his window down. He commented on the car, asking lots of questions. Said he had just bought a new Super Stock, and began to tell me all about it. Rear seat delete, black, red eye, etc. But he has a whine in the rear end after only 350 miles... said the sticker was $144K... but he refused to pay the 20K dealer incentive. Hope to see him out and about at the cruise in this weekend.

2861 - 2880 of 2918 Posts