Dodge Challenger Forum banner
2921 - 2938 of 2938 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
How about worst gawker story. At the last cruise night I parked next to a pair of Teslas. I’d swear they are working on a 20% commission for Tesla. The car will play some stupid song and flap the doors up and down and flash all the lights. If he did it once a night I could take it but he does it several times. Then he also gets people to sit in the back seat, then drives the car forward about 10 feet and then back 10 feet using his cell phone to control the car. I’m never parking next to them again. 🤬

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
781 Posts
"LOOK MA, CLOWNS!"

·
Premium Member
2020 T/A 392, GoMango
2,016 Posts
I dress cowboy and have my whole life. The way it is where I come from. Along with that goes boots that sometimes need repair. We are right in the middle of prime race horse country here in North Central Florida so lots of horse folks including cowboy types which translates to LOTS of boots. We have a local shop that specializes in cowboy boot restoration and repair. It's operated by a family other than American but don't know the nationality and can't quite place the accent but they are very good at what they do.

So, dropping off boots the other day for repair and the counter guy remarked about the T/A saying it's the first he had seen and called to an another fellow to come and look out the window at the car. He asked if he could take a picture and when I agreed there suddenly appeared a bunch of folks with their phones in hand clicking away. Guess they can now gawk at pics whenever they want and share with other gawkers as well.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,366 Posts
How about worst gawker story. At the last cruise night I parked next to a pair of Teslas. I’d swear they are working on a 20% commission for Tesla. The car will play some stupid song and flap the doors up and down and flash all the lights. If he did it once a night I could take it but he does it several times. Then he also gets people to sit in the back seat, then drives the car forward about 10 feet and then back 10 feet using his cell phone to control the car. I’m never parking next to them again. 🤬
Too bad you couldn't have had that Mercedes Double AA model commercial playing on a screen next to them. That would have really tripped their trigger. SO funny!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I dress cowboy and have my whole life. The way it is where I come from. Along with that goes boots that sometimes need repair. We are right in the middle of prime race horse country here in North Central Florida so lots of horse folks including cowboy types which translates to LOTS of boots. We have a local shop that specializes in cowboy boot restoration and repair. It's operated by a family other than American but don't know the nationality and can't quite place the accent but they are very good at what they do.

So, dropping off boots the other day for repair and the counter guy remarked about the T/A saying it's the first he had seen and called to an another fellow to come and look out the window at the car. He asked if he could take a picture and when I agreed there suddenly appeared a bunch of folks with their phones in hand clicking away. Guess they can now gawk at pics whenever they want and share with other gawkers as well.
Not sure what the 1st paragraph has to do with this story :unsure:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Went to a Taco Bell drive thru earlier and got up to the window and two guys were behind the cashier looking at my car back and forth... One just muttered beautiful... I paid my bill and said thank you to him... As I drove off one stuck his head through the window and I gave it a little gas/rumble... Looking through my side mirror he had a smile on his face... Don't know if I made his day or he made my day... 👍

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
We had some window replacement done at our home today. The wife raised the garage doors so the men had easy access to the house. Right away they saw my Challenger and asked if it's a Hellcat. I said no. The lead man asked what size engine and I told him the 345CI. He grunted approval and remarked about the color looking 'real nice' and how you don't really see chrome wheels anymore. His younger cohort kept staring and had to reminded by the older guy that they were here to work and let's get to it. LOL!

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
781 Posts
Haven't had a chance to get her out much the last several weeks, been working too many hours, and remodeling the house, and doing some badly needed maintenance on the Ram... that has taken all my time. Drove her to work last weekend. I couldn't stand it any longer. Finally had a break in the rain.
My wife asked the night before if anyone at work had been asking about her lately... I responded "No, I guess everyone is used to seeing it now."
Unexpectedly six people have since made comments or asked questions about it.
Still feels good ;).

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,167 Posts
My wife asked the night before if anyone at work had been asking about her lately... I responded "No, I guess everyone is used to seeing it now."
Unexpectedly six people have since made comments or asked questions about it.
Still feels good ;).
You have a great wife! She called all of your co-workers and asked them to ask you about your Challenger! :D

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
781 Posts
Bwhahaha....
Yes, I do have a great wife. Only cost me $5...

·
Registered
☆VIOLEnT☆
781 Posts
The phone calls that is...

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
4,511 Posts
I was the gawker today, but on the negative side, I saw a Challenger with wagon wheels, or at least rims that looked like wagon wheels, seriously oversized. I just don't get why they would do that to such a nice looking car?

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,941 Posts
I was the gawker today, but on the negative side, I saw a Challenger with wagon wheels, or at least rims that looked like wagon wheels, seriously oversized. I just don't get why they would do that to such a nice looking car?
No photo?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Reactions: RyzRT
2921 - 2938 of 2938 Posts