Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting here and saw that a good number of our fellow members are from texas. I have a funny story about texas. just a little backstory, my family came here as war refugees when there was an uprising in Cyprus and Greece. my mom was pregnant with me and went into labor as they were being sworn in as americans at j.f.k. airport. fast forward to senior year in high school where I decided to ride my 49 panhead across this great nation of ours that had become a new home for my siblings. I had decided that I was going to join the marine corps as thanks for allowing them in. so here I go traveling across the u.s., a dumb street kid from new York, and I get to texas. and I got lost. so turned around that I was heading east out of Houston. as I pull over to get gas, this other bike pulls up across from me. as the rider takes off their helmet, I am presented with one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, even to this day. she was stunning, blonde hair, the heavens parted, sunbeams, harps playing, the whole nine yards. I am struck stupid. which isn't hard for me. she asks, in that beautiful voice of hers, is that a 49 that you are riding? after about 5 minutes of me being tongue tied, she laughs and says, when you can talk again, come get me. and takes off. fast. now, I might be a dumb kid from new York, but I am not that dumb. so I go tearing off after her. and got pulled over for speeding. as the police officer is reading me the riot act about unsafe speeds, blah blah blah, she comes back, walks up the cop and says hi daddy. daaaaaaammmmmnnn!!!!!!! I tell her dad about my undying love for his daughter. that I want to marry her when I get out of the service. he nods his head and says new York is that way. so, after 4 years in the service stationed in Beirut and japan, getting wounding in action, etc, I go to texas and find her and propose marriage. she says yes, much to the consternation of her parents, especially her mom who didn't want anything to do with any east coaster, especially from ny. well, a couple of years go by and we realize we are better as friends than as husband and wife. we are still friends to this day. then I met my current wife while attending a food show in florida. had a long distance relationship, sold everything in ny and moved to be with her down south. and that's how I got to florida. but I really do miss my first love. god I miss that Harley. ha!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I was sitting here and saw that a good number of our fellow members are from texas. I have a funny story about texas. just a little backstory, my family came here as war refugees when there was an uprising in Cyprus and Greece. my mom was pregnant with me and went into labor as they were being sworn in as americans at j.f.k. airport. fast forward to senior year in high school where I decided to ride my 49 panhead across this great nation of ours that had become a new home for my siblings. I had decided that I was going to join the marine corps as thanks for allowing them in. so here I go traveling across the u.s., a dumb street kid from new York, and I get to texas. and I got lost. so turned around that I was heading east out of Houston. as I pull over to get gas, this other bike pulls up across from me. as the rider takes off their helmet, I am presented with one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen, even to this day. she was stunning, blonde hair, the heavens parted, sunbeams, harps playing, the whole nine yards. I am struck stupid. which isn't hard for me. she asks, in that beautiful voice of hers, is that a 49 that you are riding? after about 5 minutes of me being tongue tied, she laughs and says, when you can talk again, come get me. and takes off. fast. now, I might be a dumb kid from new York, but I am not that dumb. so I go tearing off after her. and got pulled over for speeding. as the police officer is reading me the riot act about unsafe speeds, blah blah blah, she comes back, walks up the cop and says hi daddy. daaaaaaammmmmnnn!!!!!!! I tell her dad about my undying love for his daughter. that I want to marry her when I get out of the service. he nods his head and says new York is that way. so, after 4 years in the service stationed in Beirut and japan, getting wounding in action, etc, I go to texas and find her and propose marriage. she says yes, much to the consternation of her parents, especially her mom who didn't want anything to do with any east coaster, especially from ny. well, a couple of years go by and we realize we are better as friends than as husband and wife. we are still friends to this day. then I met my current wife while attending a food show in florida. had a long distance relationship, sold everything in ny and moved to be with her down south. and that's how I got to florida. but I really do miss my first love. god I miss that Harley. ha!
Awesome story. Glad you shared and the two of you remain friends, that isn't true very often. Where in the sunshine state are you?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was like, we woke up and were like...friends with benefits but you aren't spouse material. I was one of her "brides maids" at her 2nd wedding. and if you thought her mom hated ny'ers before, you should have seen her when she found out I was going to be there for her daughters second marriage. heh, loved that old lady. I am in the fort Lauderdale area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts