Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So they are trying with these last year Challengers. The last rendition with the Gator Grain is leaving more and more disappointed.

So whats your ideas?

I don’t know what I’d call it, my idea is a Road Runner Challenger but there might be a better name. They tried with the SRT Core a few years ago but fell short in my opinion. I’m talking rubber floor mats, manual crank windows, manual seats, AC and a radio is optional. I’m torn on the engine, sticking with the original concept the 5.7 is standard with the 6.4 optional. I think you could get 500 pounds out of a Challenger but they will never do it.

What’s your ideas.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,864 Posts
This was Badge Decal and some Color Stitching on existing Models and now they are the going out with a Fizz.
Dodge since the more Stellantis path has lost the real Heritage and meaning of the Names and Vehicle History.

If they were going to do a Swinger heck a SXT / GT RWD would of been Suffice with a Go Wing Rear Spoiler and Hood Scoops Year One Rallyes.
The Ghost should of been R/T narrow body, Real Vinyl Top, Older style Hood, Steel Wheels, Wood Grain Interior and Pistol Grip Shifter.

For the missed boat a Mr.Norm's Cuda edition why not they are doing Convertibles with Drop Top in Miami?
A Vanishing Point Tribute , why not its Iconic , White R/T Old School Hood, No Rear Spoiler but mount a lower Camera in the Trunk Edge,
Year one Rallyes, Old School Badging, Wood Grain Interior Pistol Grip Shifter, 70's style Grille and Tail Lights.

A Western package or aka Marshall Challenger SXT plain jane , steel wheels and old school caps, Cloth Interior with maybe a Houndstooth
basic no thrills.

There is tons of things they truly over looked and they did not listen or even get prescience in these Forums they didn't take note from many on here
or have direct community involvement other then sponsored events but did not take submission by the Mopar Community aka the real Brother and Sisterhood of
Dodge.

" The most obvious things are those most overlooked! "

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,922 Posts
No last call, the Challenger should continue with the V8 just like the Mustang.
So right Ford can sell a V8 in 2024 but Dodge can't. The way prices are on EV right now I see the Challenger EV costing as much as a Hellcat. Don't see that many people on here owning or affording Hellcat.

Really be intresting to see sales numbers when the change happens. I read Iowa ( I think it was) canceled all their orders for Trooper or police cars already.

·
Registered
2020 Gold Rush T/A 392 50th Anniversary, 66 of 70
193 Posts
Despite what Kuniskis said they wouldn't do, Dodge just "phoned it in with a bunch of sticker packages". For a special edition, I had expected to see some things that were not otherwise already available. So far the Swinger came closest with that woodgrain metal interior panel trim (which would have been a nice touch on the Black Ghost car). The rest were just phoned in with sticker packages. Dodge definitely jumped the shark here.

·
Registered
2018 ta scat pack 392 6 speed
13 Posts
Honestly it would be nice if they opened up the color pallet to only high impact colors my 4 year old wanted a yellow ta scat pack Challenger all I could find was high milage ones figured I'd just order one nope color is discontinued ...
These final calls are cool and all but sadly only for the guy who can dump big cash joe Shmo can't compete to get one .

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
5,051 Posts
I already have it...

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
341 Posts
I would have a “build it your way” order form.
-White, green, blue, red interiors with plaid option
-All Mopar high impact colors
-426 N/A Hemi availability
-Go wing
-Year One 20” Rallye wheel option
-Staggered tire size option
-Strip down option with no ac, infotainment, etc.

if you wanted a Plum Crazy car with green plaid interior, you’d get it.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Pw7 Bright White Challenger
3,864 Posts
Also add
  • Real Rubber RWL Tire Stickers on the Tires from Tire Stickers
  • Wood Grain Option
  • Standard Old School Style Stereo AM/FM / USB / Bluetooth no Uconnect Crap
  • Chrome Trim around Glass and Door Handle
  • Plain Rubber Matts
  • Petty Strut Towers (Optional)
  • Manual Old School Wind Up Windows

All the Options mentioned by GLH and my Addition Available for order as well to allow individual to tailor the car more to the Owner.
Also would of offered the Upgrade European Pentastar which can easily get more HP than the US one.

·
Registered
2013 PlumCrazy R/T
1,922 Posts
Not buying one so really don't care. The only thing that would entice me is a 426 Hemi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts