Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
In 2017 the first year of the T/A, there was 7,487 R/T's sold worldwide. Compare that to 785 T/A's sold worldwide. The same year they sold 14,834 SXT's. And keep in mind, T/A's were not produced before this while many of the other models were produced as early as 2009.

Reactions: HISSMAN

·
Registered
79 Posts
I’ve seen one TA so far around the Boston area, I just picked mine up had to wait since I put my order in sep 28th for it. I wonder how many black widebody TA 392 there are? Who do I ask? I’ll post some pics here when it’s done either today or tomorrow from the ceramic shop.

Reactions: HISSMAN

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,599 Posts
T/A is a trim level, not really a performance option. My first Challenger was an R/T Classic and it included extras such as HID headlights and remote start. When I traded up to a Hellcat, the Classic wasn't worth any more than any other flavor of R/T from the same model year. Buyers are usually not as specific when buying a used car as they are when ordering a new car from the factory The little niceties that allowed Dodge to charge me $$$ more than a base model R/T are rarely deal-breakers for used car buyers.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
T/A is a trim level, not really a performance option. My first Challenger was an R/T Classic and it included extras such as HID headlights and remote start. When I traded up to a Hellcat, the Classic wasn't worth any more than any other flavor of R/T from the same model year. Buyers are usually not as specific when buying a used car as they are when ordering a new car from the factory The little niceties that allowed Dodge to charge me $$$ more than a base model R/T are rarely deal-breakers for used car buyers.
Except the T/A has a functional hood intake and a headlight air tube both feeding directly to a CAI.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack T/A 392- Smoke Show
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Also, R/T Classic has 5.7 and not the 6.4 SRT engine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeh I think TA 392s will hold their value since their more rare and harder to come by. Especially since most TAs are ordered from the factory then sitting on dealership lots new. I’ve never seen one sitting on a dealers lot that the dealer ordered new. If any their used and was ordered from an enthusiast. When and if I ever sell mine I’m going to try to sell it privately over a trade in unless it’s around the same amount or taxes on the new car make it more equal. What am I rambling on about…..oh yea TA’s are friggin awesome!!!!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Yeh I think TA 392s will hold their value since their more rare and harder to come by. Especially since most TAs are ordered from the factory then sitting on dealership lots new. I’ve never seen one sitting on a dealers lot that the dealer ordered new. If any their used and was ordered from an enthusiast. When and if I ever sell mine I’m going to try to sell it privately over a trade in unless it’s around the same amount or taxes on the new car make it more equal. What am I rambling on about…..oh yea TA’s are friggin awesome!!!!
There are less 392 T/A's then 345 T/A's but the numbers are close. There are some T/A purists like me that feel no true T/A should have a 392 engine. That's the history. So opinions differ. The bottom line, is all T/A are the coolest Challenger IMO.

Reactions: Thegreekmason

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
There are less 392 T/A's then 345 T/A's but the numbers are close. There are some T/A purists like me that feel no true T/A should have a 392 engine. That's the history. So opinions differ. The bottom line, is all T/A are the coolest Challenger IMO.
But on that same purist example, no T/A should have a 345 either. They should all be 340's.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
But on that same purist example, no T/A should have a 345 either. They should all be 340's.
Really, that’s your comment? Maybe they need three duces also?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like the engine size and the power of my TA. Not a purist since I wasn’t alive when these came out nor did I ever drive one. So in 40 years when dodge comes out with a TA again after a long hiatus I’ll be a purist and say well to be a true TA it needs either a 345 or 392 from my day lol.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I was being a tiny bit sarcastic. But in the nicest way.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A 6 speed
249 Posts
I’ve never seen one sitting on a dealers lot that the dealer ordered new. If any their used and was ordered from an enthusiast.
Mine was ordered as dealer stock and it sat on the lot for 4-5 months. They told me the manual transmission kept it from selling a few times. I'm sure the color didn't help it either.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Mine was ordered as dealer stock and it sat on the lot for 4-5 months. They told me the manual transmission kept it from selling a few times. I'm sure the color didn't help it either.
I bought mine from a high end auto dealer in Dallas where my T/A sat for maybe 1 year. It had only 2500 miles with an automatic and a 345. It was like new. I think many didn't want the 345. Win, win because that's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I for one don't know that I have seen more than one or two others on the street. I definitely haven't seen another Smoke show T/A 345, let alone another 392. Also, as it concerns mine, what is the average spread between A8's and M6 transmissions? I have an A8. Rarity for this car isn't something I had considered until the day after I purchased it and I started really digging into it.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse. I've only owned it since Friday, and still have that new car excitement...haha.

To prove that, I have been taking photos of it out of my office window all morning...LOL! View attachment 293144
That's one sweet ride yo! I just got a brand used 2017 T/A in black too.. I love it. I Came from an sxt too.
Looks kind of the same as your smoke, but black.
I wonder what differences there are. I thought there'd be a subwoofer in mine. But noticed 3 speakers at rear deck.
Oh and I don't see any other T/As here in AZ also. 👍

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
My friends T/A sat on the dealer's lot for a year. It is black so that may have something to do with it. My Scat sat on the dealer's lot for a year before it sold.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
57,291 Posts
That's one sweet ride yo! I just got a brand used 2017 T/A in black too.. I love it. I Came from an sxt too.
Looks kind of the same as your smoke, but black.
I wonder what differences there are. I thought there'd be a subwoofer in mine. But noticed 3 speakers at rear deck.
Oh and I don't see any other T/As here in AZ also. 👍
You must not live in Tucson, there are quite a lot here.

Reactions: Reptilian.Chant

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome! The T/A is a fairly low production model/trim. I don't have the 2021 numbers yet, but in 2020 they made just 444 of the 6.4L T/A's with only 18 Smoke Show cars rounding out the bottom of the list. However, there were 165 of the 5.7L T/A's made, with Smoke Show being the sales leader there at 20 in total. I think the M6 only goes in about 10% of the cars. Most dealerships tend to place orders for the A8 so unless you special order your car the chances of finding an M6 are lower. Now that the differences are mostly cosmetic I don't know if the T/A will be considered "rare" in the future, but I would say they will be more desirable. They sure are less common, I've only seen a handful of T/A's around here myself. If I was forced to pick one to hold onto for the future then my money would be on the 77 unannounced 50th Anniversary cars (unless Dodge ever makes a Panther Pink T/A 392 for the last year of production).
Dodge REALLY needs to make a Panther Pink T/A 392 for it's last year!

·
Registered
Challenger TA 392
30 Posts
I for one don't know that I have seen more than one or two others on the street. I definitely haven't seen another Smoke show T/A 345, let alone another 392. Also, as it concerns mine, what is the average spread between A8's and M6 transmissions? I have an A8. Rarity for this car isn't something I had considered until the day after I purchased it and I started really digging into it.

Sorry if I am beating a dead horse. I've only owned it since Friday, and still have that new car excitement...haha.

To prove that, I have been taking photos of it out of my office window all morning...LOL! View attachment 293144

New car excitement is understandable… I feel exactly the same. These cars are awesome machines.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I see more Hellcats around here than I do sxt's. That is no exaggeration.

21 - 40 of 106 Posts